Forum weirdness

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, after some more observations everything appears to center around the pages not updating. I have to reload each and every page in order for the page to update. Once I reload the page everything appears to be where it should be. In other words when I first log in it is still asking me to log in until I reload the page then it shows me as logged in. After that when I go to a subforum it loads the page but I have to reload the page in order to get get the correctly updated data. After that when I open a thread the thread loads but I have to reload the page in order to see the most recent posts. Does everybody follow what I'm saying here about the pages not automatically updating?

Also I tried to post on one thread last night and I got a "token expired" error. I got the same error when I tried to change the time zone in settings.

Troj, I tried the navigate to a blank page, clear the cache, close all browser windows, open it again, clear it again, and then try. In fact I've tried clearing cookies every different way I can think of short of opening the cookies folder and setting the contents on fire. I haven't seen any switching between "www.rocketryforum.com" and "rocketryforum.com"

I'll admit I'm not the most computer savvy person out there but I can usually clear up little annoyances like this.

Try changing the settings for handling the temp files in IE. Tools, internet options, browsing history settings, set disk space to 250, experiment with the settings above that.

Ok, after some more observations everything appears to center around the pages not updating. I have to reload each and every page in order for the page to update. Once I reload the page everything appears to be where it should be. In other words when I first log in it is still asking me to log in until I reload the page then it shows me as logged in. After that when I go to a subforum it loads the page but I have to reload the page in order to get get the correctly updated data. After that when I open a thread the thread loads but I have to reload the page in order to see the most recent posts. Does everybody follow what I'm saying here about the pages not automatically updating?

Definitely a cache problem -- your browser is trying to display from cache, rather than loading the data.

Do you have any sort of software installed that claims to "optimize" the Internet for you, or "make it run faster" or something like that? If so, disable it.

Check to see if you have any toolbars, or browser plugins installed. Disable all of them, and see if it gets any better. If so, then start reenabling one at a time, until you find the offender.

-Kevin

Definitely a cache problem -- your browser is trying to display from cache, rather than loading the data.

Do you have any sort of software installed that claims to "optimize" the Internet for you, or "make it run faster" or something like that? If so, disable it.

Check to see if you have any toolbars, or browser plugins installed. Disable all of them, and see if it gets any better. If so, then start reenabling one at a time, until you find the offender.

-Kevin

No I don't have any kind of optimization software installed, just a stock Toshiba MS machine.

I dumped all of the the tool bars and plug ins when I reset to factory setting. Now it's just a vanilla version of IE.

I've noticed today that some of the subforums seem to work better than others. For instance when I read the posts on the midpower forum they were updated as read. When I came back to the watering hole it's not updating at all.

I think I may have angered the little wizards living inside of the computer and they are acting out? This is definitely one of the weirdest problems I've had in a while.

New symptom of the ongoing weirdness, now posted video clips don't show up and are not accessible. Again, these symptoms are only related to this forum.

Give a shout to cpu tommy he can probably tell you how fix it.A while back he recommended ccleaner ,super anti spyware andmalwarebytes for clean up and repair from pirform,it's all free.I still have it on my desktop..work very good for me

The ccleaner is great and so is malwarebytes, have used both for over a year now. When using ccleaner it is best to run it at three times in a row. Seems to get everything that way.

Mike

Back