NCR - Big Brute (K-53 or #3508) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacEsq

Reaction score
Did not see this gallery anywhere else. Here are some pics of the one I recently completed. The build was pretty straightforward. The plastic slotted centeringf rings and metal cable recovery harness attachment were interesting but not difficult. I also changed out the motor retention provided for a new Estes 29mm motor retainer. The last change to the build that I did weas to replace the launch lug with 1010 rail buttons ... my first time using these.

As you can see I also did not go with stock pain scheme ;) ... BIG THANKS to Mark at Stickershock for working with me on the design on this one.

BTW ... I have the original sticker sheet for this kit (old of course and some minor damage to one corner) if anyone wants it.

BW.6.jpg

BW.1.jpg

BW.2.jpg

BW.3.jpg

BW.4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice looking Brute! I had a pre-Estes version that I flew for years. Last year, it lawn-darted through a tree. All that survived was the motor mount and recovery hardware. I re-built it using LOC tubing and a 4" cone that came from a DG&A kit. And, I too retrofitted the old mount with an Estes retainer. The original before and after and the new version.

novaar 4 3 2010 002 (Large).jpg

mdra esl 157 022 (Medium).jpg

big brute clone 001 (Large).jpg

Welcome to the NCR Big Brute (K-53 or #3508) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the NCR Big Brute (K-53) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

NCR: Big Brute: K-53 or #3508

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
NCR Big Brute (K-53 or #3508) Basic Information.

ncr.gif
North Coast Rocketry (NCR)

MODEL NAME: Big Brute Also known as:

NUMBER: K-53 or #3508

Introduced: 1989
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 35"
Diameter: 4"
Span:
Weight: 16 oz

Mfg. Description: The perfect high power demo rocket! This rugged sport model can be flown nearly out-of-site on F motors, or punch it into orbit on a G! The Big Brute features slow, realistic take-offs, and is perfect for the new White Lightning motors! Recovery is by colorful 24" rip-stop nylon parachute. The Big Brute also incorporates our new Gorilla Shock Cord Mount. If you are looking for an impressive flying model, but have a small field, this should be perfect! (NCR 1989 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

ncr-big%20brute%20k53-1989%20cat.jpg
1989 Catalog

Face Card(s)

ncr-big%20brute%20k53-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back