Scratched my head and came up with this

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill2654

Reaction score
Last year at LDRS I picked up a bunch of parts from Gerald and so I though I would put something together. This is what evolved from a Madcow Squat. At first I changed the fins to look like Gizmo fins. Then I spyed this pack of PNC-56 nose cones I had in my parts drawer and the wheels started burning rubber in my head. I cut slots in the side of the cones and slipped them on the tips of the fins and filled them with 2 part foam. Then I swapped out the Squat nose cone for a longer one and Eureka! 32" tall, 29mm motor mount, (Crap, should gone with 38mm) and with 7 oz of lead in the nose final weight is only 41oz. GEDC0133.jpgGEDC0138.jpg Now then....what to call it???

I dunno- how about a 3f4nc? The 'Finc'? "I scream 'cones"?; Conan O' Squatty?; "You'll poke yer eye out"; "LeadHead and Sons"; "Nosy"; "the Terrible Frackinator of Death"; or my all time favourite: "Jeff" (hey-you asked...)
All things being unequal- that's a very cool looking bird. It's just begging for a smoky load! Nice job! Thanks for the pics.

I think it is begging for some Redline, not a smoky.
Very cool!

P.S. With regards to the name, I like "I scream 'cones'". Great name, fyrwrxz.

I'd call it done. Nice looking rocket with a nice paint job.

Or, how does "1.3" grab you? One point three. Create a nice little logo using only numbers.

I'm thinking a AT H165 Redline will go 1530 ft. Foamy, I like the simple name but whats 1.3?

I dunno- how about a 3f4nc? The 'Finc'? "I scream 'cones"?; Conan O' Squatty?; "You'll poke yer eye out"; "LeadHead and Sons"; "Nosy"; "the Terrible Frackinator of Death"; or my all time favourite: "Jeff" (hey-you asked...)
All things being unequal- that's a very cool looking bird. It's just begging for a smoky load! Nice job! Thanks for the pics.

ALRIGHT...I give. "Jeff"?!? I only ask 'cuz, well....

:confused2:

I love the design! Almost 50's-ish sci-fi looking. And I vote for a Skidmark or Dark Matter load!

Thanks Jim. Remember back in the 60's when we were just starting out in rocketry we would call that a futuristic look and now that we're old, it's retro.

Thanks Jim. Remember back in the 60's when we were just starting out in rocketry we would call that a futuristic look and now that we're old, it's retro.

Oh man. You just made me feel soooooo old!

You guys are right! The youngster in me just loves this little rocket ship! Thats what it was, for sure! Crap! I'm sitting here with a stiff neck, sore arms and a sore back from working on my van this past week (hoses, belts, radiator, cats and O2 sensors, MAF, oil change, ad infinitum) and I just remarked to my wife-"dang! I ain't as young as I used to be! She waves her arm around the living room with all the rockets I had to bring out of the van (We call it the Rocket Queen-it's the hangar for the bigger ones that don't fit so good in the house) and says: "oh yes you are! Looks to me like I live with a 12 year old!" Gotta move the rockets soon. I plan on having the nurse push my wheelchair out to the flight line. (may be next month!)

Back