7.62 Posts per Day?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so after finding a link to this thread and reading through it, I honestly feel sorry for B. It reminds me of when I was stuck in a corner following Wildmans BS (interpret that however you like) sale.

Some of you people really can be a-holes.

I've never read any of his posts ever, not interested. About the only time I see any "controversy" is in the watering hole. I'll glance through other forums but I'm a egomanical bastich and feel there's very little to learn ;)

There was one thread once where people were publicly saying that they were going to /ignore another younger guy. I fired off what I call a broadside like an old battleship, defending him.

There's a difference between reining in overenthusiasim and having to scoff at utter BS. I have little paitence for that but to point someone in the right direction is good for them and me, I feel.

I love how some people feel its appropriate to insult others on here. Whether you'll admit it or not some of responses and comments were fairly rude to the person posting. If his posts annoy you then use the ignore feature. No need to be a bunch of 40+ year old bully's making fun of a kid.

Second the forum is a community it's not your home. Even if you have money invested into the forum you've made it a public community.

Some of you really need to grow up. An adult making fun of and bullying a kid is just down right disgusting.

I try to be as helpful and informative as I can.... I feel that's sorta 'paying forward" for the folks that have helped and taught me along the way, and an investment in the future and other people...

BUT... when someone comes on spouting a bunch of nonsense about building a rocket to fly to the moon (lets face it-- if it were easy everybody would already be doing it-- as it is most GOV'TS on this planet cannot manage it, with virtually UNLIMITED resources-- heck even people like Elon Musk, hiring HIGHLY SKILLED AND EDUCATED experts in the field and pouring hundreds of millions of bucks or even billions into the effort haven't managed it so far-- so someone popping off about blowing a million and a half bucks to do it is somehow CREDIBLE?? I DON'T THINK SO! Not even knowing enough to know the problems involved is just icing on the cake... If you don't have the knowledge to even ask the right questions, how can you expect to be seen as legitimate??

At SOME point, you have to do your own homework and do a little research, for pity's sake. Nobody is faulting anybody (that *I* know of) for asking a legitimate question, even if they probably could have found the anser here on their own with enough time spent digging for it... but doing NO research and demonstrating about a zero-level knowledge of what's involved, that just eliminates one's credibility in my book...

In short, if you don't want to draw any heat, don't make grand pronouncements about what yer 'gonna do' when you don't even have the basic knowledge to understand the enormity of the problem... and if you do, you open yourself up for criticism. I agree there's no need for piling on, but someone pointing out the impracticality or physical impossibility of something isn't a bad thing. And I feel sorry for folks that think that somehow it IS a bad thing...

Dreaming and aspiring to greater things is a GOOD THING, BUT, dreaming or planning or aspiring or experimenting without the proper basic knowledge and no desire to actually go and get it is just time wasted.

Later! OL JR :)

It's not a challenge.... -_-

And look today where we are. He gutted out the razzing and he's a fine, upstanding, steely-eyed missile man! (with a cute redhead on his arm to boot!) He has successfully become *one of us*. He's also got more guts than I do certing in that weather. Love ya like a son, Matt!

It's not a challenge.... -_-

I was defending long time ago you.

Never intended to be a challenge, unless it's "who's life is the biggest dumpster fire."
"Spend your time wisely!"
I predict that my posts per day will go down once I get to high school.

I'n not and never will be old enough to call you a son, but I enjoy your presence as an acquaintance!

And look today where we are. He gutted out the razzing and he's a fine, upstanding, steely-eyed missile man! (with a cute redhead on his arm to boot!) He has successfully become *one of us*. He's also got more guts than I do certing in that weather. Love ya like a son, Matt!

+1....

Teddy

Congrats on your level. I have always enjoyed watching the growth of new rocketeers.

One would think you could pretty easily quantify that with a few thermocouples.

And the eye of the firefighters.

You guys can argue about your little dumpster fires...

But that's nothing compared to my landfill fire!

Nothing compared to the underground coal fire...started by a land fill fire!
Anyways, voice recognition software exists (pertaining to OP).
It will type and post what you say.
It will also read to you upon you voice commands.
It was developed for handy capped people.
Soon though, greedy money mongers realized that multi tasking of their employees with this tech could make them more $$.
I have no doubt, someone could build a rocket and post on TRF with little practice.

Nothing compared to the underground coal fire...started by a land fill fire!
Anyways, voice recognition software exists (pertaining to OP).
It will type and post what you say.
It will also read to you upon you voice commands.
It was developed for handy capped people.
Soon though, greedy money mongers realized that multi tasking of their employees with this tech could make them more $$.
I have no doubt, someone could build a rocket and post on TRF with little practice.

My lifesuck is contagious.

So you're saying a post of what you say during a build?

For me, it would be mostly grunting noises as I try and open the plastic bags and grumbling noises as I screw up.

John-I hope never to be forced to use that technology. Voice recog is cool and i played along with it back in the day as Ray Kurtzweil developed and perfected (?) it. I had a home studio at the time set up with 6 synths and 2 dedicated hard drive stacks (we call 'em RAID arrays now). and pumped a lot of undisposable money into the brain bubblegum and tech chase. It was fun and novel and made some pretty cool music (?). If I had to post a build thread using it, I'd be locked up by the FCC and others powers to be as my builds tend to be the male equivalent of giving birth. I'm a lot older than most of you so I know some pretty archaic curse words and made up a few of my own you can almost taste. Every single build I try new techniques and chase some down the rabbit holes to dead ends. Learn something new everyday is my theme song and when i make mistakes-it gets pretty graphic around here. None of it pretty. I'm stealing the "Dumpster Fire" meme for a rocket name. Could be mine too. Every. damn. day.

Back