The Launch Pad - Scimitar (K027) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DM1975

Upscalien
Reaction score
My absolute favorite mid power, small cluster rocket. This thing just looks awesome and flies like a dream. I know you want the pictures loaded to the TRF server but I can't do that on my phone. My Photobucket account is never changing though. Feel free to add them to the server if you wish.

DSCF2426.jpg

I flashed the inside of the motor mount with tin
DSCF2438.jpg

All balsa fins were papered as well.
DSCF2375.jpg

DSCF2469.jpg

I think I have broke a wing on every flight but has always repaired easily.
DSCF2474.jpg

DSCF3903V.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

DSCF2471.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that this is a Launch Pad original design. It has military styling but is not a scale model.

Is that correct?

Welcome to the The Launch Pad Scimitar (K027) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the The Launch Pad Scimitar (K027) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

The Launch Pad: Scimitar: K027

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
The Launch Pad Scimitar (K027) Basic Information.

launchpad.gif
The Launch Pad

MODEL NAME: Scimitar Also known as:

NUMBER: K027

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Pseudo Ordnance, Cluster
Motor Mount: 2x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 39.25"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Another LAUNCH PAD Original!

SCIMITAR LONG-RANGE SURFACE-TO-AIR MISSILE (THE LAUNCH PAD)

Here's another chance for the advanced modeler to demonstrate his or her skills. The SCIMITAR was introduced in 1993, and quickly became one of our most popular Plan-Paks. It's hurled into the air by a cluster of three "D" motors in the booster stage, then a fourth electrically ignited "D" motor in the upper stage takes it to altitudes that have to be seen to be believed. Both the booster and the upper stage return under large 18" diameter parachutes. Military cruise missile styling features four simulated air intakes for the upper stage "turbojet" propulsion system. Requires some easy wiring work, but everything is shown in clear step-by-step detail in the Plan-Pak.

ATTENTION!: Now we've taken this favorite Plan-Pak rocket and modified it to be flown as a single-stage KIT! When launched, it looks the same as our famous two-stage Plan-Pak version, but is much simpler internally. The complete kit version of the SCIMITAR flies on a pair of "D" motors, or, if you have experience in igniting clustered composite fuel motors, a pair of 24mm AeroTech "E15" motors may be used. Returns safely with a single 18" diameter octagonal Mylar parachute. This is one beautiful rocket! Why not build both versions? (TLP 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

launch%20pad-scimitar%20k027-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

launch%20pad-scimitar%20k027-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I neglected to mention: I like the TLP military appearance but your sporty paint scheme really rocks!

Looks nice.

The Launch Pad Scimitar (K027) Basic Information.

launchpad.gif
The Launch Pad

MODEL NAME: Scimitar Also known as:

NUMBER: K027

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Pseudo Ordnance, Cluster
Motor Mount: 2x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 39.25"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Another LAUNCH PAD Original!

SCIMITAR LONG-RANGE SURFACE-TO-AIR MISSILE (THE LAUNCH PAD)

Here's another chance for the advanced modeler to demonstrate his or her skills. The SCIMITAR was introduced in 1993, and quickly became one of our most popular Plan-Paks. It's hurled into the air by a cluster of three "D" motors in the booster stage, then a fourth electrically ignited "D" motor in the upper stage takes it to altitudes that have to be seen to be believed. Both the booster and the upper stage return under large 18" diameter parachutes. Military cruise missile styling features four simulated air intakes for the upper stage "turbojet" propulsion system. Requires some easy wiring work, but everything is shown in clear step-by-step detail in the Plan-Pak.

ATTENTION!: Now we've taken this favorite Plan-Pak rocket and modified it to be flown as a single-stage KIT! When launched, it looks the same as our famous two-stage Plan-Pak version, but is much simpler internally. The complete kit version of the SCIMITAR flies on a pair of "D" motors, or, if you have experience in igniting clustered composite fuel motors, a pair of 24mm AeroTech "E15" motors may be used. Returns safely with a single 18" diameter octagonal Mylar parachute. This is one beautiful rocket! Why not build both versions? (TLP 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

launch%20pad-scimitar%20k027-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

launch%20pad-scimitar%20k027-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Does anyone have a Plan-Pak of the TLP Scimitar they would like to sell?
-Jack

Going to have to dig up my pics. I built mine as a single 29mm

Back