30th July 2012, 12:40 AM
Meatball Rocketry Updates (Scale Data, etc.)
Some recent updates to Meatball Rocketry, mostly scale related:
- I just added a PDF version of the 2005 R&D report on the PVC Spider, to replace the HTML version that was previously available. (link)
- I finally got around to publishing a brief Scale Data article regarding Nike motors. (link)
- Along with the Nike Data post is a series of photos of the Nike-Orion at the Virginia Air and Space Center documenting the stenciled lettering style used on the Nike motor. (link)
- And some additional new content that is a bit less recent, I added the series of photos of the WSMR Aerobee 350 taken by Peter Hughes in 2007 (link)…
- …as well as some excellent Iris scale data and photos provided by Chris Timm (link) (Chris’s collection came from Richard Morrow, and Brian Nicklas, and through correspondence with Atlantic Research Corporation). There are also some Iris photos from a couple of my visits to GSFC’s Visitor Center.
Also, I finally got around to transferring some analog videos to digital recently, so I went ahead and uploaded much of the rocketry-related content to YouTube, including several Saturn I test flights (2003-2005) and the related PVC Spider R&D tests. I even added video from the Dyna-Soar/Titan I flight (2005) and the Black Brant XII (2005).
I will probably embed the videos in the appropriate meatballrocketry.com locations as time allows.
30th July 2012, 01:44 AM
Thank you * 3!
I really appreciate the Iris scale link. I hadn't seen that data before.
Tags for this Thread