Here is the build thread for my super-modified Estes Optima. This rocket will have a 29mm motor mount in both the booster and sustainer. The booster will house a CTI H410, and the top stage will house a G80 single use motor (even though a G138 would give a heck of a flight). This rocket will use Dual Deployment by a Raven3 altimeter. Before I get comments about how I am not allowed to use Electronics for any recovery or airstart purpose, I am getting a L3 flier to fly this rocket for me. The Raven will also control the airstart and an alarm. Anyway, I started this rocket today.
I started with the sustainer part.
In this photo, you see the dry fit of the motor mount. The aluminium tubing on the side is for the wiring for the airstart. The centering rings are made of 3/16 inch birch 3 ply plywood. The tubing is LOC 1.14 mmt tubing. I am still working on the positioning of the rings for the fins.
Yes, I know, my workbench is messy.
More pics to come.