Ace - Sonic Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the Ace Sonic Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Ace Sonic and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Ace: Sonic:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Ace Sonic Basic Information.

ace%20trf.gif
Ace Rocket Mfg.

MODEL NAME: Sonic Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount:
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 34"
Diameter: 4"
Span: 9.25"
Weight:

Mfg. Description: The Ace Sonic is the little brother of the Shark, but with a difference. Thru the use of modern computer science we have been able to optimize the performance. This kit has the lowest drag of any kit availible. At .174 CDr computer run simulations show that this kit is capable of speeds approaching mach 1 using a G125 motor. With with the 4" maximum dia. this kit will out perform any 2" dia. model.

Due to the high performance of this kit, it is recommended for advanced rocketeers with high thrust experience. (Ace Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

ace-sonic-unk%201%20cat.jpg
Unknown Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I picked up some old rockets today and I am having trouble identifying two of them. I am hoping some of you old timers will recognize them. I know I have seen them and one I even owned a while ago, but I cannot for the life of me remember what they are. This old age thing is gonna kill me...

Considering the rest of the rockets they came with, they should date to the early 90"s, but they could fall anywhere from the late 80's to the middle of this past decade. The one with 6 fins is 2.6 diameter and has a LOC cone. In fact I thought it was a LOC kit but cannot find it. The other one is 4" diameter and has an Ace cone. The bottom is also a cut plastic cone but I do not know that brand. Both rockets have 29mm mounts.

I appreciate any insight you may have to offer.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the rest of the rockets they came with, they should date to the early 90"s, but they could fall anywhere from the late 80's to the middle of this past decade. The one with 6 fins is 2.6 diameter and has a LOC cone. In fact I thought it was a LOC kit but cannot find it. The other one is 4" diameter and has an Ace cone. The bottom is also a cut plastic cone but I do not know that brand. Both rockets have 29mm mounts.

I appreciate any insight you may have to offer.

Harold,

I believe that the 4" Diameter one is an ACE "Shark" ( Similat to the "Sonic ) . . . The other one appears tp be an ACE "Andante".

Dave F.

Thanks for the info Dave. I have reached an age where, after 7 1/2 years, I had to think about these for 10 minutes before I could remember even having them. Still, it is good to know what I had. Thanks again.

Back