X-Plane SST: Scratch Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She flew today. Spectacular!

A person at the launch captured a great photo. I'll post when I get it.

I'm trying to learn how to post video...

She flew today. Spectacular!

A person at the launch captured a great photo. I'll post when I get it.

I'm trying to learn how to post video...

I upload videos to Youtube, then post them here with the Youtube tag. When you do it, you only put what's after the equal sign in the Youtube link.

I upload videos to Youtube, then post them here with the Youtube tag. When you do it, you only put what's after the equal sign in the Youtube link.

I tried. It fails when loading to YouTube... It's in a .MOV file from an I-Pod. What am I doing wrong?

If it's easier, and if anyone one wants to post them for me,... PM me your e-mail address, and I'll e-mail them to you.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the launch pic to be e-mailed...

Here is Video of the X-Plane's Maiden flight on a CTI I-223 Skidmark.

(apparently the club has a no sparky motor rule... OOPS! Glad I didn't know, because it sure was spectacular!)

[video=youtube;rwMFoTqsbRk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwMFoTqsbRk[/video]

Great video and flight!!

Some have issues with Sparky's in case grass fires, never personally seen it happen as it would take some pretty dry conditions.

Great video and flight!!

Some have issues with Sparky's in case grass fires, never personally seen it happen as it would take some pretty dry conditions.

Thanks David.

Hope you're beginning to feel better.

This pic got e-mailed to me last night (courtesy of Anthony King)... might get a smile...

24 X-Plane Launch web.jpg

Last edited:
I never saw the chute open? Great flight!

I guess the videographer was off when she deployed.

This video shows deployment. Deployed fine. The nose cone did impact the left wing on landing causing a paint scrape,... but that's it.

[video=youtube;MAkBYNVZIn8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAkBYNVZIn8[/video]

Thanks David.

Hope you're beginning to feel better.

This pic got e-mailed to me last night (courtesy of Anthony King)... might get a smile...
Dang. I thought the picture I got for my cert on a skid was cool, but this rocks!

People claim that sparkies start fires, I have yet to see it or hear a credible story backed up with some proof. Looks like you were launching from a road. I think a blanket ban on sparkies is nonsense, is it never wet or green there is it dry all the time? Oh well better safe than sorry.

TA

Latest posts

Back