BRB and Adept 22 or Raven..... Interference in Av-bay?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearMan

Reaction score
Like the title says... I am desiging a small min dia DD rocket and was wondering if the BRB 70cm would reside well in the av-bay. I have a Adept22 and have been considering the Raven as well. I know Adrian has had some issues in the past with his setup but maybe he has worked it out or he has GPS tracker and that is different....

Anyone care to help?

I think Adrian's problems were with the Parrot, not the Raven. I think the Raven and BRB coexist fine. I haven't heard of problems with the Adept22 but can't rule them out.

I think Adrian's problems were with the Parrot, not the Raven. I think the Raven and BRB coexist fine. I haven't heard of problems with the Adept22 but can't rule them out.

That's correct. The baro sensor (and the rest of the measurements) on the Raven have been immune to BRB transmitter in all of my setups and those of others I have heard of. In my 29mm H record rocket, the BRB and the Raven even shared the same single-cell battery.

That's correct. The baro sensor (and the rest of the measurements) on the Raven have been immune to BRB transmitter in all of my setups and those of others I have heard of. In my 29mm H record rocket, the BRB and the Raven even shared the same single-cell battery.

This matches my experience.

At BALLS last year, I had a 4" rocket with a BRB GPS and the end of the bay (antenna stuck above it). Both Raven 2s performed flawlessly.

-Kevin

Adrian,

Thanks for the updates....... I have read several of your threads but wasn't sure if all was better now. Glad to know it is fine now. Guess I will order a Raven from you..... My Adept is just too big to let the BRB fit beside it. Oh well...... Excuse for another altimeter

Probably, but I haven't used it. When it doubt, test your configuration in as flight-like a way as possible, including connecting bare ematches that can act like antennas. If the transmissions don't show up in the recorded Raven data during a simulated flight, or in the real-time data, then you're good to go.

Back