Where are the pictures from LDRS?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thobin

Reaction score
Ok its time to cough them up, videos and all. There are a few posted but not nearly enough. Don't you guys know there are some of us that couldn't go and have to live vicariously through you! Don't make me beg. And I know there are more pics of Kari, and yet ????

TA

Last edited:
You know, I've been wondering the same thing. I've been looking for coverage since the first day......I've found bits on The Original Rocket Dungeon, but no pics & videos like any other major launch. https://rocketdungeon.blogspot.com/

One guy had written trying to clarify whether The Science Channel had exclusive rights to pics/ videos. It would seem like North Korea if they did.

I came across a couple things on youtube, but would have expected waaay more.

If the LaPanse's (cjl and his father) were there they usually have some amazing pics. Don't remember where they post though.

If the LaPanse's (cjl and his father) were there they usually have some amazing pics. Don't remember where they post though.

Chris was there, Ray was not, so no pictures from Ray.

I took some pictures, but because Neil McGilvray from Rockets wasn't able to attend, I promised to send all of mine to them. Thus, they'll be put up on their website, rather than me posting them elsewhere.

-Kevin

Ok its time to cough them up, videos and all. There are a few posted but not nearly enough. Don't you guys know there are some of us that couldn't go and have to live precariously through you! Don't make me beg. And I know there are more pics of Kari, and yet ????

TA

It's vicariously, not precariously, unless you meant something else.... Did someone forget to invite the photographers? You mean Nadine wasn't there, or even Mark Canepa? I was wondering the same thing....... (and I didn't mean to offend)

Here's a few pics in no particular order...

I've put a few more on my Facebook page (they're public).

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

Last edited:
Did the huge V2 have a successful recovery? I saw a video that looked like there were some problems.

The chute looked a bit fouled and it landed in the parking area, but it didn't look as if it had any significant damage.

2012-07-13 11.35.46-1.jpg

It's vicariously, not precariously, unless you meant something else.... Did someone forget to invite the photographers? You mean Nadine wasn't there, or even Mark Canepa? I was wondering the same thing....... (and I didn't mean to offend)

Fixed it. Knew something was wrong, it was one of those times i couldn't put my finger on it. None taken thanks for the tip.

TA

Those are some great pictures ,I would sure like to see more however :cheers:

Paul T

I'm still going through mine. I didn't get back to Virginia until late Thursday, and have been busy ever since. In the meantime, here's one of my Mercury Redstone. Not gonna lie, I'm particularly proud of this one. :)

_MG_0291-1.jpg

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]ryn5DBv8cgs[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a video that my sister took of my rocket "The Chi-Town Hustler", named in honor of Tim Lehr, who is indeed "The Chi-Town Hustler", that's his Chicago Rocket Mafia name ;) It's actually my rocket Carbon Nightmare 2.5 that I renamed on the spot as I belived that the name Carbon Nightmare was cursed. It flew on the new pro 75 3 grain L3200 Vmax! This new motor is really awesome! I don't know how high or fast it went yet as it's sitting in a farmer's living room waiting to be picked up.:lol:

You guys should buy, and fly this motor..........it's pretty cool, and it's only $170! Definately worth the bang for it's buck! The video doesn't do it justice!

Last edited:
I'm still going through mine. I didn't get back to Virginia until late Thursday, and have been busy ever since. In the meantime, here's one of my Mercury Redstone. Not gonna lie, I'm particularly proud of this one. :)

_MG_0291-1.jpg

Man, Nick, that is an awesome shot of a great rocket!!!

:cheers:

SSenesy said:
The chute looked a bit fouled and it landed in the parking area, but it didn't look as if it had any significant damage.

any chance to get more info on that A4? homepage or thread?

thx

Man, Nick, that is an awesome shot of a great rocket!!!

:cheers:

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth.....verbatim !!

I have a 4" scratch in the works ,nosecone by Sandman.This does indeed inspire the build.

Cheers

Paul T

In the first set of pics, Pic#2, What was left of the rocket after the cato? Pic#3 It is still burning on the ground correct. Thanks for sharing your pics.!!!

Last edited:
OK where is the video of that Saturn !b flight? you guys are killing me here!

TA

Here are a bunch of pictures from LDRS 31 - - keep in mind, they are not edited for the forum with lots of launch pics as well as the pics of the local Omish crowd and of course shots of Kari Byron from Mythbusters... You may want to click through the photos from end to beginning. For some reason, Photobucket loaded them in reverse order.

https://s1213.photobucket.com/album...=slideshow&track=share_email_album_view_click

Also, here are a few cool videos:

[video=youtube;YPWu5-OfeHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPWu5-OfeHQ[/video]

[video=youtube;XSQ4oDYAIBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQ4oDYAIBU[/video]

[video=youtube;DE1sNzJQrZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE1sNzJQrZU[/video]

[video=youtube;98HjBjGEw_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98HjBjGEw_g[/video]

Those are some really nice shots!

Here are a bunch of pictures from LDRS 31 - - keep in mind, they are not edited for the forum with lots of launch pics as well as the pics of the local Omish crowd and of course shots of Kari Byron from Mythbusters... You may want to click through the photos from end to beginning. For some reason, Photobucket loaded them in reverse order.

Latest posts

Back