TARC 2013 RULES are out now

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atxcple

Reaction score
This could be the best year yet for teams to really test their skills.

The 2013 Team America Rocketry Challenge offers a new challenge to the student teams. Here are some of the highlights for the 2013 contest:

1.Target altitude of 750 feet
2.Duration of flight should be between 48-50 seconds
3.Payload is one raw egg placed horizontally
4.External diameter of rocket must be no less than 60 millimeters
5.Recovery by a 15 inch diameter parachute
6.Gross liftoff weight of no more than 650 grams
7.Rocket motor size F, total impulse limit of 80 N-sec

TARC 2013 registration opens on September 4, 2012. If you have questions please email [email protected].

I am interested. Now only if I could find a team or some people near me...

I have tried starting one for the last 4 years. Im ineligible now so Im looking for a team to mentor. If Anyone in central/northern NJ is interested contact me.

Its a shame really. I had a whole team once but the host school said it was "too dangerous and likely to lead to terrorism" after agreeing to it.... FAIL

Its a shame really. I had a whole team once but the host school said it was "too dangerous and likely to lead to terrorism" after agreeing to it.... FAIL
What?! Really?! That's just crazy...
I might be able to participate in TARC 2013, but I'm not sure if my school will agree to it. Then again, if they don't, my church youth group might. (They can sponsor a team right? I mean, it is a non-profit youth organization.)

Back