New NAR Section and Upcoming Club Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Rocketman

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Rocketeers:

There is a new NAR section/rocket club in Beeville, Texas called the South Texas Aerospace Club (STAC). We are having our first monthly club launch on August 11, 2012. Rocket lauches will take place from 8:00 AM to 12 Noon and RC aircraft flying will take place from 1:00 PM till 5 PM. Come out and fly with us! Membership is free. For further information, visit our web site is www.stac.us. Spectators are welcome.

Sincerely,
Texas Rocketman

I'll definitely be there for the rockets in the morning. My brother should be there with me and my other brother might make the trip up from Corpus. My bro in Tuleta has been spreading the word among his crowd so hopefully there will be a good turn out.

Nice website, great web designer you have there. I've been working on a four pad controller, it's about half way there right now, should be finished in a few days.

Congrats on all of your hard work to bring rocketry to the Beeville area.

BTW, I saw the news paper article. Full page spread! Nice!

Lol........they did do a nice article. Got a full page out of it too.....that suprised me. Boy, what a mug.....lol. We've already picked up three new members here in Beeville.

Got the launchers ready. We have two 1/8" rod pads and two 3/16" rod pads on the standard club launcher and two 1/4" rod pads and two 1" rail pads on the HD club launcher. Also have a Halon flame putter outter, a medical quack kit, 2 gallon rainmaker, an inverted rocket retrieval implement, a starter collector device, a multi-band sequencial radijual, and 2 genuine mouth-of-the-south rachet-jawing devices.

I plan to be there too. I have been waiting for a new launch site closer to me in Falfurrias.

Hey Space Enthusiast.......if you know anyone down that way that flies rockets or RC aircraft, tell them about our club and bring them with you. We invite all rocketeers and RC aircraft pilots from the South Texas region to join the South Texas Aerospace Club and come fly with us. You can learn more at www.stac.us

I would love to come down for a launch sometime, will be a drive for me though, but if the timing is right we will make the road trip! Very nice site btw!!

Hello Fellow Rocketeers:

There is a new NAR section/rocket club in Beeville, Texas called the South Texas Aerospace Club (STAC). We are having our first monthly club launch on August 11, 2012. Rocket lauches will take place from 8:00 AM to 12 Noon and RC aircraft flying will take place from 1:00 PM till 5 PM. Come out and fly with us! Membership is free. For further information, visit our web site is www.stac.us. Spectators are welcome.

Sincerely,
Texas Rocketman

I predict that as your club grows, the two events will need to seperate in order to fly more rockets. Our launches usually don't even get cranked up till right at lunch time.

Here in (North) Texas the flying starts to wane shortly after lunch during the summer months. For some reason, 105 degrees seems to make walking to retrieve your rocket a little less fun.

Here in (North) Texas the flying starts to wane shortly after lunch during the summer months. For some reason, 105 degrees seems to make walking to retrieve your rocket a little less fun.
I'll vouch for that. Not really north Texas, but at Hearne a couple weekends ago it was pretty rough going to get my Nike Smoke, and we practically drove to it!

Sounds like a fun place to launch. It's about three and a half hours from us, so it's not completely out of the question. I wouldn't mind getting back into nitro planes, either!

Braden

Well you guys are almost neighbors! I did my L1 at Hearne at the last launch, it got a bit warm after the cloud cover went away, about the time I flew...

For Texas, it has not been that bad, especially compared to last year!

I grew up with this heat, it does take it out of you, and with kids, it makes it harder, just pre plan for it....

Yes, it does get very hot down here in the summertime - especially after lunch. We also usually have prevailing winds which tend to pick up in the afternoon time. Early morning times are the best times to fly MPR/HPR down here because their is very little to no wind blowing. As the day progresses, the winds tend to pick up. Down here, we like to drive to go pick up our rockets - mainly because of the heat. The AC makes rocket retrieving so much nicer and alot safer too. We will adjust event flying schedules according to the number of flyers we have. We may go two days if we have a large number of flyers attending - rockets one day and RC aircraft the next day. We hope the fellow rocketeers and RC flyers from other areas will come out and fly with us. We have a good field and good accomodations as well.

Last edited:
I was just notified by the FAA that The South Texas Aerospace Club has been granted a 16000 ft/24500 ft. waiver at the Beeville Municipal Airport. Time to do some serious flying!

I have been prepping my rockets for tomorrow and I am really looking forward to flying again. I will be flying my avatar rocket, a semi-scale scratch X-15 on a F25-4W. I also have an Initiator, an "ebay refugee" Estes Saros and mini Mars Lander, Centuri Mercury Redstone, a very old Maxi Alpha 3 and some smaller rockets. I would like to fly my NCR Lance Beta if I can buy a G40-4 or an F50-4 from someone there. I haven't flown my X-15 since I was in NH and flew with CMASS.

It should be a great launch. Bill has really done a fantastic job of working with the locals to promote this event and secure an awesome launch site, the excitement level is high. Hope to see you all there!

Hope you guys have a GREAT launch tomorrow!!

Would love to go, but it's almost 6 hours drive time for us, and that's about the same amount of time it will take us to get to Airfest!

Glad to hear it! I'd have liked to come down, but I just got back to Texas myself... hopefully we'll catch you guys on the flipside pretty soon...

Later and Congrats! OL JR :)

We had a really good launch. Many thanks to Art, Jeff, The City of Beeville, TX and all the wonderful folks that came out for the lauch and fly-in. We had some really good examples of high power rocketry flying. Joe was flying and I-powered Hawk, Art left off a K-motor and woke up everyone, Chris was flying an I-powered LOC V-2........great flying guys. James showed us some really nice staging and how to go high on c-motors, Joe and myself had successful level I cert flights, I broke the sound barrier with an Aerotek Mustang running a G80-7T motor...........to everyone that was there.......thank you. God bless you all.

Last edited:
Just one more thing, check out the STAC website https://www.stac.us/ and have a look at the gallery section for a bunch of great pics of the launch and the launch site.

Thank you Bill and Mei for putting this together and coordinating with the City of Beeville, You guys rock!

Back