July 20, 1969

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
July 20, 1969, Man first stood on the moon. Every year I try to do something in honor of that feat, no pun intended.
Let's remember one of mankinds greatest achievements.

Great day in American history and a Like day fear will happen no more.

I remember listening to the landing on our car radio as our family returned from a camping vacation up north.

Then watching the moon walk on TV later that night.

Barring WW3 we'll get back there, probably not in my lifetime but I'm confident that my kids or grandkids will see an American walk on the moon again. Knowing that we did go there in my lifetime is something that still fills me with pride in my country.

Barring WW3 we'll get back there, probably not in my lifetime but I'm confident that my kids or grandkids will see an American walk on the moon again. Knowing that we did go there in my lifetime is something that still fills me with pride in my country.
They did come in peace for all mankind, you know.

What's you point?
I'm proud of it as a human being. You paid for it but people of many nations, including mine, contributed.
We may be remembered for nothing else ages hence when nations states have been forgotten.

I was 4 when we first went to the moon and do not remember the hype, but luckily we continued to go back to the moon for a while, and I remember those shots. I also remember feeling disappointment when we stopped cold turkey... Those were some great starts in rocket and space exploration, I can't wait till we go ,back and beyond.

From a dollars and cents perspective it was probably a waste of money. From the perspective of human achievement it has to be one of the greatest things mankind has ever done. As a country we have lost the spirit to do great things like this. We need to get it back.

From a dollars and cents perspective it was probably a waste of money. From the perspective of human achievement it has to be one of the greatest things mankind has ever done. As a country we have lost the spirit to do great things like this. We need to get it back.

We have lost the spirit to do these things because we are so hung up on the dollars and cents of it all. President Kennedy wasn't concerned about cost when he declared we will go to the moon.

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills"

It's high time we get back to those ideals and aspire to reach new heights rather than wasting our time with news about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes or what Lady Gaga wore at the latest awards show .

We have lost the spirit to do these things because we are so hung up on the dollars and cents of it all. President Kennedy wasn't concerned about cost when he declared we will go to the moon.

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills"

It's high time we get back to those ideals and aspire to reach new heights rather than wasting our time with news about Tom Cruise and Klwatie Holmes or what Lady Gaga wore at the latest awards show .

I think SpaceX already has. My:2: is that those of us who want to achieve great things are going our own way, leaving the small minded and superficial people in the dust, to wallow in useless discussions of lady gaga's fashion sense.

that movie is so bad its actually sorta good. Imagine, moon nazis!!. I have seen it twice, and its still funny!!

Seen it where?? I've wanted to see it but it's never hit any theaters remotely close to me... dang it!

Later! OL JR :)

I had just turned 8 years old ,and remember being glued to the TV for hours.I then built a cardstock command module and lunar lander with toothpic legs and everything.I even used gold candybar wrapping for the foil insulating blankets.

What a monumental task when you TRY to wrap your head around it.

Paul T

I had just turned 8 years old ,and remember being glued to the TV for hours.I then built a cardstock command module and lunar lander with toothpic legs and everything.I even used gold candybar wrapping for the foil insulating blankets.

What a monumental task when you TRY to wrap your head around it.

Paul T

I had my mother go to the local Gulf gas station to get the paper lunar module for free after filling up her gas tank!

Latest posts

Back