D-21 drone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet driver

Reaction score
Anyone built a D-21. I check the archives and did'nt see anything. I'm thinking about doing a BG. ----H

Might have trouble with stability if you make it true scale. The chines go all the way forward to the intake. Still, could be doable.

If you made a version of the D-21B that was dropped from the B-52H, you might be able to get away with it. This version had a solid fuel rocket mounted on the underside of the D-21 that was 44' long and had a bottom mounted dorsal fin on it. The vertical stabilizer on the D-21 was also larger, in this version, which could improve your stability, if you go this way. Would be really cool. You could also make a rocket powered version of the A-12, launching vertically, which could then launch a D-21 from the back with an air start, sort of like a powered glider mounted on the back of an Orbital Transport. Probably too much work unless you have the dream.

If you made a version of the D-21B that was dropped from the B-52H, you might be able to get away with it. This version had a solid fuel rocket mounted on the underside of the D-21 that was 44' long and had a bottom mounted dorsal fin on it. The vertical stabilizer on the D-21 was also larger, in this version, which could improve your stability, if you go this way. Would be really cool. You could also make a rocket powered version of the A-12, launching vertically, which could then launch a D-21 from the back with an air start, sort of like a powered glider mounted on the back of an Orbital Transport. Probably too much work unless you have the dream.

Maybe using the srb for launch and then releasing the glider might be the way to go---still a dicey proposition---I'll play with it for a bit.

Latest posts

Back