Paint is the DEVIL!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did somebody say GUNS? Time for a new thread. 'Scuse me while I clean my 7.62.

Ouch ,that would take me a LONG time.So many 7.62.....so......little....ammo......

Nawwwww.....I got lots :D

Paul T

At the northern Colorado launches, when the wind exceeds safe flying conditions, some people have been known to walk down the road a ways, to a dry arroyo and pop some caps, so that the afternoon's events are not completely wasted.

At the northern Colorado launches, when the wind exceeds safe flying conditions, some people have been known to walk down the road a ways, to a dry arroyo and pop some caps, so that the afternoon's events are not completely wasted.

Might as well do something to save the day if you can.I just came back from the US ,and was surprised the price of ammo was not much less than here in Canada.

BUT ,the paint is about half the price !!!! So I went to Menards and Home of Economy and stocked up on Rustoleum spray lacquer (white ,black and red) as well as a bunch of gray and white primer ,bought 25 cans total.That should keep busy until late summer :rolleyes:

The Rustoleum Automotive primer (wet and dry sandable) is really nice stuff !!

Paul T

The church that I frequently attend has a Men's Ministry that some times has advances (we never retreat) up in the mountains where we have praise and worship, listen to guest speakers, have ministry time and fellowship for a weekend. Just a small thing with about 700-800 of my close friends. We also have mission trips to places like Patagonia, Belize, India, Israel, Iran, (yes, Iran), and the next trip is planned for Botswana. We need $16,000 for supplies for a construction project. To help raise money, we are going to have an event that we frequently have whenever we need to raise money. A Shoot Out. For a $10 entry fee, guys will come out and shoot rifles, shotguns, pistols, muzzle-loaders, and archery; have dinner and enjoy our friends. Some of us will enter contests to test our abilities. I have entered a skeet tournament, a pistol competition, and a two man pistol competition, with my partner being a pastor who is also a law enforcement officer. There will be prizes and awards totaling in the thousands of dollars. The last time we had one of these, we raised about $20,000 in one night and about 500 guys showed up. We bought a bus for a Christian school in India with the money. I have been trying to get them to come out to a launch sometime, but have not been successful yet. When I finish my Intimidator 4, I will take it to Men's group and see if I can raise some enthusiasm.

What a great idea to have a Shoot Out to raise money for charity, BEAR.

A fellow I compete with in the Highland games is a uniformed Chaplain in the Sheriff's Department.

Now, does he fly rockets too? That could be an important question. Make sure he is a good friend and that you and him have contingency plans in place for when the SHTF. I just got back to work from a side trip to Wal-Mart to get some more cleaning supplies for my bangers and who should I meet but another guy from the rocket club buying cleaning supplies for a shotgun. I guess great minds think alike.

Latest posts

Back