FANTASY SCALE - (Thunderbirds) Thunderbird 3 Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the FANTASY SCALE (Thunderbirds) Thunderbird 3 Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Thunderbird 3 (from the TV series) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

MFG: MODEL: NUM

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
between the 2 of them i spent close to 200 hours scratch building 90+percent of all parts lots of hand layed fibreglass here both are I class powered

Attachments

• P1010608.jpg
    P1010608.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 107
  • P1010610.jpg
    P1010610.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 91
  • P1010611.jpg
    P1010611.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 101
  • P1010612.jpg
    P1010612.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 94
  • P1010613.jpg
    P1010613.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 81
Un feaking believable, Nice Job. Have you flown them yet?

Always wanted to build them but didn't think they would fly.

And yes I remember watching them when I was a Kid.

between the 2 of them i spent close to 200 hours scratch building 90+percent of all parts lots of hand layed fibreglass here both are I class powered

I recognize the second one but not the first. Can you ID it for me?

Also, may I copy this to the gallery?

============
Silly me! I got to this post by clicking new posts. I didn't realize it was already in the gallery.

I still need to know what the first one is so that I can index it.

thx for the complements i put alot of time into my rockets more of my creations to follow in future ill find my pics of my 4in estes Blackhawk upscale

thx for the complements i put alot of time into my rockets more of my creations to follow in future ill find my pics of my 4in estes Blackhawk upscale

I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.

Welcome to the FANTASY SCALE (Thunderbirds) Thunderbird 5 Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Thunderbird 1 (from the TV series) and those rockets derived from it.
Since this is a Thunderbird 5 gallery to showcase Thunderbird 1, here's my Thunderbird 3. :lol:

First flight was in 1993, on an A8-3, and it got the parachute out just in time to avoid crashing. Subsequent flights have been on B6-4's.

tb3.jpg 31tb3_launch_small.jpg

wow it flies also i thought that it would not fly its just the dummy model.amazing you are really a creative person

i sooo wish thunderbird 3 was a kit i could buy. amazing builds here!!

Oddman and Adrian,

How did you get TB 3 to work? I spent a long time on Rocksim trying to get that to fly but the best I could do was with a pound of ballast in the nose and the corresponding loss in performance. It was always going to be an interesting build.

Maybe I'll have to go back and try and out do you with a cluster set up like the real one

Peter

Back