Composite build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Kate needs deployment capability.

A separate megatronix deployment component that communicates wireless with the Kate transmitter!!
I'm not very well versed in electronics but:
I have to say, Kate is one of the nicest pieces of electronics I have ever bought since being in this hobby! Simple to learn,Simple to use, and it just works! You can even feel the quality when holding it.
I flipped for the cost because I wanted a good chance at getting an altitude reading and because I wanted to be able to let the flight line know what the rocket was doing during flight. Safety reasons. As it turns out the latter was more important!

Without knowing exactly how the tilt-o-meter is built, is it possible that the cork screwing effect that the one air start imparted, registered a false reading? From the video it looked like it was still going basically straight up.

I was told that those Rocketiltometer units have a gyro drift of 1 degree/second/G. As I understand it, if you had your unit set for 10 degrees, it could possibly drift out of the "initiation zone" in only one second if you were boosting at 10g's. What angle was your unit set to?

I was told that those Rocketiltometer units have a gyro drift of 1 degree/second/G. As I understand it, if you had your unit set for 10 degrees, it could possibly drift out of the "initiation zone" in only one second if you were boosting at 10g's. What angle was your unit set to?

The Rocketiltometer was set at 20 degrees to account for the drift error. I still have not studied the data yet but first glance tells me the tiltometer should not have aborted the flight. I still feel like the titlometer was the culprit. Maybe I'll try to better study data today.

Back