Openrocket question...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orion14ed

Reaction score
Since I guess this is a Technique for building rockets, I put this here....
Well, my question is, how do you add more stages to a rocket? I know there is the "New stage button", but when I add a new stage, my altitude goes from 1,700 feet, to only 150 feet. It reads the stage I added as the 2nd stage, which makes no sense to me, because the 2nd stage would be the stage last fired in a 2 stage rocket. Instead, the 2nd stage is put behind the main rocket.(The one with the chute, that stage) My question is, how do I add stages to the last stage of the rocket? This is what I have so far.
rocket.jpg
And I wish to add an additional 2 stages onto it.

EDIT: I have a file download, if you would like, you can try to get it to work. I plan on adding another booster stage on. View attachment Skysailer.ork

Last edited:
Thanks, I just realized this should go in a completely different section. I cant find a way to move it ;_;
EDIT:
It seems my issue is that the program is not firing the 2nd motor. So I basically have a motor lifting dead weight.
My projected apogee with the 2nd motor not set to fire: 767 feet.
My projected apogee with the 2nd motor set to fire: 767 feet.

Help? 3:

Last edited:
Okay, double-check the motors when Openrocket wants them to ignite: The booster should be set either to automatic or Launch, and your second stage should be set to either automatic or after the previous stage ejection charge.

I'll have a boo at your OR file and see what I can see......

Okay, I did some checking and I rearranged the order of the parts (BT-50 to BT-60 transition was moved from the upper stage to the booster stage) and I got a apogee of over 1800 feet. Very nice!
Tweaked some of the dimensions until I dumped the "WARNING: Discontinuity in the bodytube dimensions" or something like that.

Here is the file:

EDIT: Whoops! Wrong file! Sorry about this.

View attachment Quest-Terrier-Orion-24mm-Staged-1.ork

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back