PembertonTech 3FNC Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Three or four months later, as I have said, I am not in a race... things happen when they happen... no rush.

However, today, in the shadow of all the history that permeates the area around Edwards Air Force Base in the Mojave Desert of California... some Lama certified sh?t happen! Well done Layne! (And yes it IS a PITA to pack the recovery system!) :)

Behold the Alien and Mighty 3FNC on a G53-5!

2012-10-27-MDARS-0004.jpg by InDanaPt, on Flickr

Recovery was completely nominal on a 32 inch (80cm) chute.

It must be gratifying to see your designs take flight!

Last edited:
I like them all. But of course it's a crappy G at under 100ns. You pay a price for that smoke. But if you are Low n Slow I am your Corporal. :)

I like them all. But of course it's a crappy G at under 100ns. You pay a price for that smoke. But if you are Low n Slow I am your Corporal. :)

I love low and slow, but if you lose any total impulse with the rocket sitting on the pad, you're in trouble... I learned the hard way!

lawndart_initiator.jpg

Wonderful shot!

Beautiful rocket!

Thank you Jeff, for the build thread, flight picture and feedback.
And yes, seeing ones designs fly is a tremendously satisfying feeling.

Who took the pic?

Last edited:
There's always the G75 or H97...

Yep... the G75 is 120ns (75% a Full G) and the H97 is 177Ns (so just a 15% H). I have an H97... so maybe thats next... though I have a H250 (231.0Ns) Mojave Green that I think might look cool.

And of course I have my beloved G106 (138Ns) CTI Skidmark.

There are nine loads for the CTI 29mm 3 grain case. All hover right around a full 160ns G or teeny tiny H (161 - 170ns). The only two wimps are the smokey sam and the aforementioned skidmark. So you fly those kinds of motors for the effect not the efficiency. :)

Pem Tech[SIZE=3 said:
Who took the pic?[/SIZE]

That would be me. I have others press the button. :)

Last edited:
BTW: When I say crappy G I simply mean, as I harp on like a broken record :rant:, G's are from 81Ns to 160ns. Given that is a fact, you need to look at what you are using and what you expect. And of course ONLY if you care! :wink: An 81Ns G is going to be indistinguishable from an 80Ns F given the variability of motors.

I flew the 3FNC on the G53 for the effect! ;) And I may just take your advice... I have been hanging on to that Skidmark for far too long!

Back