• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parachutes, Fire Blankets/Chute Pads, HD Shock Cords, Rail Buttons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbarrym

Reaction score
NOW ALL SOLD, sorry, and thanks guys!

Time for more inventory clearing....this time, Chutes, fire blankets/chute pads, and shock cords plus a couple odds and ends. To avoid a repeat of the "clogged PM inbox" syndrome, please ask questions here, or Email me directly with offers at barry (dot) mattingly (at) gmail (dot) com.

All items are less shipping, unless otherwise indicated. I will post or Email pictures of any item on request, just give me a little time - note that for the larger chutes, I really don't have the space to take pics of the opened chute! For the smaller items, it would make sense to bundle/combine items to save on shipping costs.

B2 Sky Angle chutes:

Sky Angle "Cert-3 L" chute, for 16 to 30 lbs recovery weight, with swivel, in excellent condition. In the original bag, pretty sure this chute was never used. $139 new, asking $110.

Sky Angle "Cert-3 L" chute, for 16 to 30 lbs recovery weight, with swivel, used in excellent condition - one small rub mark on one panel. $139 new, asking $100

Sky Angle "Cert-3 XXL" chute, for 60 to 130 lbs recovery weight, with swivel, used in excellent condition - no burns or tears, just some lake bed and baby powder dust. $239 new, asking $160.

Sky Angle 24" Classic, use for main or drogue, heavy duty, new and never used. Cost $27, asking $20.

See https://www.b2rocketry.com/ for specifics on the above.

Giant Leap Rocketry chutes, chute blankets, shock cords and misc.:

TAC-9 24" Drogue chute, used in excellent condition. Used to pull CERT-3 main out of deployment bag. Cost $30, asking $20

TAC-1 24" Drogue chute, used in excellent condition. I used this to pull my booster's main out of a deployment bag. Cost $30, asking $22.

16" flat panel 8 shroud bright orange parachute (or drogue), new in excellent condition. $9 new, asking $5

2x 36" flat panel 8 shroud bright orange parachute, one used in good condition (2 small burn marks w/ 1/4" holes), one new in great condition. $17 each new, asking $15 for both.

Large GLR TAC-Bag TAC-9B, heavy duty yellow Nomex deployment bag with elastic shroud straps, used several times, excellent shape but with some smoke stains (wash it if you want!). I freakin' love these things and would not do another L3 or bigger flight without one. 20" L X 5.8 " Dia. (up to 6" tube rockets). $48 new, asking $24.

Slider 4, new and unused in original bag I used many of these on my L3 and bigger/heavy rockets to keep opening shock to a minimum. Work great. $13 new, asking $6

x4, Very heavy duty tubular 1/2" Kevlar shock cords, 25" long, with sewn loops on both ends. New $38 each, asking $25 each or $80 for all 4.

Kit of 6' HD tubular kevlar shock cord, 24" kevlar shock cord cover, 2x16" heavy duty kevlar FRB's, all new in bag. $10 for all.

2x 30" long yellow Kevlar shock cord covers, new unused, have 2. $6 each

See https://giantleaprocketry.com/products/components_recovery.aspx/ for specifics on the above.

Misc. Parachutes:

80" Top Flight Recovery XTPAR-80 X-type chute, neon yellow, new and unused in original bag. Use in place of 72" to 84" standard chute for windy days. Cost $62, asking $40.

26", 8 shroud, X-form chute, milsurp, for drogue or fast descent/medium weight rocket. $5

36" Heavy Duty/ballistic high speed X-form chute, 12 shroud, milsurp with deployment bag. New/never used. $10

8 foot diameter, 12 shroud, orange heavy duty ballistic X-form chute, milsurp, with deployment bag. This one is new/unused, a spare for the one I used on an 80 lb. sustainer. Worked great. $25 OBO (why so cheap? Not many uses for one this big!)

Fire Retardant Blankets, aka "Chute Pads":

24" square thin green Nomex Fire Retardant Blanket (FRB), frayed on 2 sides, useable. $4

3" square thin green Nomex FRB for 1.5" tubing, new in bag, $2.00

Pkg. of 4, 4" square plus one, 6" square thick white felt FRB's, with metal grommet in center, all new/unused. $6

18" square heavy duty Top Flight Nomex FRB, new in bag. $11 new, asking $7

9" LOC green nomex FRB, new in bag. $4

14"x10" green nomex FRB, unsewn on two sides, new. (Use tape on edges). $3

30" square Nomex FRB, heavy stains and some fraying, good condition, still very useable. $3

17" square Nomex FRB, unsewn two sides with some fraying, used. $2

10" (est.) yellow nomex/kevlar FRB, Pratt Hobbies HSPP-2Y, for 5" tubing - new unused in bag. $3

Rail buttons and rail guides:

x4, 7/8" extra large machined Delrin rail buttons. $10 for all.

Pkg. of 6, 1/4" rail buttons with mounting hardware, including metal backing nut plates for unreinforced body tubes. $8 for all.

ACME 2.26/RX conformal mount rail guides, new in package. For 54mm nominal, but will fit 1.9"- 2.15" OD body tubes. Extended to clear fin cans. Mounts using supplied double sided tape or can be glued to body tube. As supplied with Giant Leap kits. New $3.70, asking $2.

ACME 4.00/R conformal mount rail guides, new in package. For 3.9" nominal, but will fit 3.75- 4.5" OD body tubes. Mounts using supplied double sided tape or can be glued to body tube. As supplied with Giant Leap kits. New $3.50, asking $2.

Last edited:
Pics of the rail buttons?

Here you go - also adding some ACME rail guides....

rb1.jpg

rb4.jpg

rb3.jpg

rb2.jpg

Email sent on
26", 8 shroud, X-form chute, milsurp, for drogue or fast descent/medium weight rocket. $5

36" Heavy Duty/ballistic high speed X-form chute, 12 shroud, milsurp with deployment bag. New/never used. $10
And offer on the 8 foot chute.

email sent, offer for the complete package...

Email sent ... but i think the seagull was too slow on this one and got in after the two previous peeps....

How can I beat "offer for the complete package"... jeez Barry you are throwing out some nice stuff.

I think he means exactly what went through ALL our minds when we saw this post ..

" I WANT IT ALL ... I WANT IT NOW "

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could you happen to leave out the

for a fellow rocketeer? For a kid?

OK, OK, I made a deal for the entire package - less the chutes that Blackbrandt wants - with legranddudu.

Sorry to disappoint everyone else, just simpler to ship it all in 1 box, etc....

Blackbrandt, they are yours for $20 shipped - $15 for the chutes and $5 for shipping. PM me for payment info.

Barry

Blackbrandt,

I have a big heart for childrens..and Barry accepted my proposal to gives you the 2 chutes you wanted for your son out of my deal...they are yours now. Check with him!

Thx Barry for the great and fast deal (we had fun both I think...), money sent.

Have a nice day,

Denis

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could you happen to leave out the

for a fellow rocketeer? For a kid?

awwkk! not mine! (strangled sea gull call)
Congrats to legrandudu and it really does my heart good to see the cooperation and consideration by Denis given to a fellow flyer. Really does make you proud to be a TRF'er. Barry, however is another story- a definite danger to my financial health! Kinda like 'check book scurvy'...the only known cure is injections of vitamin C(ash).

More coming, some various bits 'n pieces plus all my 98mm cases. I need to clean them up first so it may be a week or so, they were definitely used more than the other cases I've sold already.

Still have the 2-stage, 8" dia, 98mm Double Trouble airframe (w/ electronics), the 2-stage PMI BBX/Terrier (w/electronics), and the recovery electronics (GPSFlight, RocketHunter, Garmin Navigator).

Make me a deal... :wink:

Barry

More coming, some various bits 'n pieces plus all my 98mm cases. I need to clean them up first so it may be a week or so, they were definitely used more than the other cases I've sold already.

Still have the 2-stage, 8" dia, 98mm Double Trouble airframe (w/ electronics), the 2-stage PMI BBX/Terrier (w/electronics), and the recovery electronics (GPSFlight, RocketHunter, Garmin Navigator).

Make me a deal... :wink:

Barry
Lessee...umm, how about a gently used 1951 left kidney? I hate to break up the set, but I'm using the other one to hold up my liver......

Recieved the 26" X Form, but I think you sent me a 48 inch circular, not a 36" x form. That thing is like 4 miles across!

How do you pack the deployment bag? At least, that's what I think the small canvas bags are. Finally how do you fold a parachute?

Hi Barry,

all arrived well and in good shape on the other side of the ocean. Great stuff indeed, I thank you very much for your help, it has been a great pleasure to deal with you!

Denis

OK, OK, I made a deal for the entire package - less the chutes that Blackbrandt wants - with legranddudu.

Sorry to disappoint everyone else, just simpler to ship it all in 1 box, etc....

Blackbrandt, they are yours for $20 shipped - $15 for the chutes and $5 for shipping. PM me for payment info.

Barry

Back