Alien Interceptor--"BERSERKER"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too had no idea of the scale. :surprised: Thats big. What are the ready to fly stats? 24mm powered yes?
Way too cool! :cool::cool:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well, I'm gonna call this one done and ready. Hope to get out in the next week or so to put her up.----View attachment 91272 ----Be on the lookout for the Dran-lok, attack fighter, build---coming to a forum near you.--------War was on the horizon. The SAT/Earther combined force would have to depend on their training and each other to survive the upcoming conflict ! ---The adventure continues........

It's bigger than I had envisioned. It looks magnificent!

Oh my, yes it is big! :eyepop: Very, very nice. Try to get flight pics! :)
Oh, and I don't know what you mean by "War was on the horizon." There isn't a horizon in space. :confused: :tongue:

I too had no idea of the scale. :surprised: Thats big. What are the ready to fly stats? 24mm powered yes?
Way too cool! :cool::cool:
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Guys, ya gotta pay attention, he's bashing Interceptors and Interceptor E's ! :grin: I said it before, a baaaad rocket buildin' man !

Last edited:
Guys, ya gotta pay attention, he's bashing Interceptors and Interceptor E's ! :grin: I said it before, a baaaad rocket buildin' man !

Thanks samb, My bad guys, I assumed ya'll knew what size/scale I was working in. From now on I'll post a pic with Deb holding the finished product. Everthing I've posted up to this point is 24mm bp with the option for others but the field I fly at keeps me low and slow. That said, I'm going to uprate the mmt from now on --and the construction, since I can always downsize.BTW--Thanks for watching this build and all the feedback---much appreciated---As soon as I put her up you'll be the first to know--well--second, and this time dummy has a rocket only camera in the field box with batteries!!!

Yeah... Like I remember the start weeks ago???

One simply could have posted "24mm" rather than the
"Gee ya old fart, why don't you read... "

:(

Sorry Jeff, was'nt trying to be a smart ass. My bad for not being clear on the build. It's 24 mm. First flight will be with an E-12 bp, after that I'll uprate a bit---I'm a little worried about tip flutter with this one so I'll keep the speed down---at least for now.......

Thanks samb, My bad guys, I assumed ya'll knew what size/scale I was working in. From now on I'll post a pic with Deb holding the finished product. Everthing I've posted up to this point is 24mm bp with the option for others but the field I fly at keeps me low and slow. That said, I'm going to uprate the mmt from now on --and the construction, since I can always downsize.BTW--Thanks for watching this build and all the feedback---much appreciated---As soon as I put her up you'll be the first to know--well--second, and this time dummy has a rocket only camera in the field box with batteries!!!

Any idea of the final weight?

A little heavy but expected --13.7 no motor. My Interceptors are heavier and fly fine, First flight on a E-12 after that I'll move to a composit

There has been a lot of talk here about problems with the new E12's, even some CATO's. I think I'd try one from the package in a rocket I didn't put quite so much work into first.

There has been a lot of talk here about problems with the new E12's, even some CATO's. I think I'd try one from the package in a rocket I didn't put quite so much work into first.

I agree, an E15 or E20 composite might be a safer bet.

I also vote E15, or...not to be a bad influence, but one of my Starbucks fleet rockets, the Pequod, comes in at 8.1 oz without motor, and was designed for D12-3 motors. However, at one of my club's launches, I gave in to some peer pressure and sent it up on an E30. Now that was a fun flight (and it's since had several other flights on the E30).

iI'm gonna go along with ya'lls recomendation and uprate a bit---was sorta leaning that way anyhoot---esp after the cato word was mentioned--I had'nt heard of the 12 having a problem.

That is simply AWSOME. I forgot about bending wet balsa from back in my RC days. I have been throwing a pod motor type design around in my head for about a year now and you gave me some great inspiration.

That is simply AWSOME. I forgot about bending wet balsa from back in my RC days. I have been throwing a pod motor type design around in my head for about a year now and you gave me some great inspiration.
Cool! I'm gonna take that as a pat on the back---THANK YOU! -- what ever I did ,to make what ever you plan to do, easier or at least back on track is a good thing I hope! I really hope folks use some of my stuff and push the envelope a bit. I'm not a performance kinda guy---but I love it when they look good goin up and I get them back! Ya know what makes this a great hobby? ------We all have different goals ---but we all jump in to help each other---Just too cool!! -----H

Man, I'd really like to see a step by step on how you did that paint job. What colors, in what order etc. I could probably wing it, but it looks like you have that about perfected. I can think of a couple of projects that type of paintjob would look good on.

Chevis

Well, it's not perfected but it is fun. I'll try and do that on my next build coming up . Thanks for showing intrest. I plan on doing a follow-on build in a couple weeks and plan a similar / but different paint scheme---same techniques should apply----H

Well, it's not perfected but it is fun. I'll try and do that on my next build coming up . Thanks for showing intrest. I plan on doing a follow-on build in a couple weeks and plan a similar / but different paint scheme---same techniques should apply----H
Speaking of technique- how 'bout that tiger scheme? Got a custom order (it happens more often these days-why?) and really dreading cutting a mask for the airbrush-any thots???

FYR--I pm'd you-- quite lengthy. I lost my launch field--the owner is worried about the heat and fire--I'm not gonna argue. I can start again after the heat/no rain---that's a good thing!!! Getting ready to start the Dran-lok build---lets go in a different direction--the Sa'Atchi and Earthers depend on it!!

Man, this is an awesome rocket. This begs for some power behind it. You sure have some talent coming up with the stuff you come up with. I am impressed.

That`s just beyond cool ,pretty damn amazing actually....and BIG !!!!

That`s another in your "win" column my friend !

Regards

Paul T

Sometimes it pays to be offline for a while, I was able to read this from start to finish. Nice work, and great story!

Sometimes it pays to be offline for a while, I was able to read this from start to finish. Nice work, and great story!

Thanks and thank you to everyone for the response to this build! First flight's been put off a bit but no big deal--that whole weather thing----As long as the gang does'nt beat me up--the story will continue on the other build--Hmm, I better get back to work on that one! It was a long week of work:kill:

Ditto @niel_w's comment.. Was there ever any flight footage of this masterpiece?

Back