Binder Design - Aspire Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Welcome to the Binder Design Aspire Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Binder Design Aspire and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Binder Design: Aspire:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Specs:
DIAMETER : 2.6 inches
LENGTH : 46 inches
MOTOR MOUNT : 29MM
PARACHUTE : 18 inches

Last edited:
This si My Aspire form Binder Design.

I was tiold that it' isn't as stable as it needs to be: Small fins.

So, I've added 2 mroe fins fo a total of 5, and I've added a bit of noseweight. I've only flew her a few times.. This one, suprisingly, I've painted per the design!

aspire sm.jpg

aspire fin sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww shucks, thanks guys!

And the math to figure out where to cut the slots.. I did taper the fins.. That is, sanded the trailing edge to a fraction of the overall fin thickenss.. I think you can see that in the 1st pic, the lowest fin, how the shading changes....

If I recall, the note was that the fins were on the small side, so I added. But, upon reflection, it's not the overall size but that they aren't high / tall enough to be in clean 'standing' air to be effective.. (they're in the boundery / turbulent layer)

Oh, and I added the black underline to the logo decal :D

hard to believe the kit only comes with an 18" chute?? I would think it would drop pretty fast with that and do some damage if it hit anything other than soft dirt or grass.

Welcome to the Binder Design Aspire Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Binder Design Aspire and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Binder Design: Aspire 29mm:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Binder Design Aspire 29mm Basic Information.

binder_design.gif
Binder Design

MODEL NAME: Aspire 29mm Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 46"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight: 1 lb 1 oz

Mfg. Description: Easy to build sport rocket with illustrated instructions, 1/8" aircraft grade birch plywood fins with "through the wall" mounting. Plywood centering rings and bulkhead. 3/16" Tubular nylon recovery harness, and high quality 18" chute. Now, the kit even comes with one piece delrin rail buttons!

Perfect rocket for beginners in high power. E through H motors recommended. (approx. empty weight 1lb. 1oz.) (Binder Design 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

binder%20design-aspire%2029mm-2012%20web%20livery.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here is my version of the Aspire, actually scratch built from LOC parts. (Ignore the other rocket in the photo.)VulcaniteAspire.jpg

Back