Build a rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
I took the DOG out tonight after the Feed Bag was empty.
I had it in mind that I was to come up with a design while I was outside with the goon.
I did know I wanted it to be a Tube Type rocket,cuz, well, I have lots of Tubes.
This is it so far.
Guess Ill have to take another walk ,figure out where to go from here.
Bt 50s with reverse angle of the fadangle 60s over them,60 tail ring.
Its just a ROUGH model to "GET the LOOK".
I hacked the tubes out with my chop saw that has a Rip Roaring ,Timber Munching,alligator tooth blade.
Anywhoo....
I think Ill call it..."Reverse Psychology"

Scratchers 017.jpg

Scratchers 014.jpg

Scratchers 015.jpg

Scratchers 016.jpg

Scotty,

Not to rain on your parade, but you currently have the equivalent of 2 fins. All of your stabilization is along only one plane.[/QUOTE0
The Plane,The Plane
Ya,Im on to that.
Guess Ill have to take another walk ,figure out where to go from here.

OK--I like it !!! Take more walks!!! Are you sure your not gathering tiny mushroom thinggies on the way, because that's not out of the box--that's a reality crusher------must have more----H

Very cool! Nice work--again! :) I think I'll start taking regular walks.
I'm interested to see what you come up with for stabilization.

+1 for the marshmallows!

Looks great so far Scotty,why not add two more tubes like the first two?Like all your designs.cjp.

Walking along....
Heres some pictures of the PROgress.
Im going with one flat fin like I did on my XTF-18.
Figure keep it simple paint wise, Flat Black and a Gray/Silver-ish color.
Ill have to do some painting again on this build before assemble.
Anywhoo...Have at it.

Scratchers 024.jpg

Scratchers 018.jpg

Scratchers 022.jpg

Scratchers 019.jpg

Scratchers 020.jpg

OK--I like it !!! Take more walks!!! Are you sure your not gathering tiny mushroom thinggies on the way, because that's not out of the box--that's a reality crusher------must have more----H
Something sure happens on them thar walks..Havent figured it out yet. Maybe its the MotherShip zapping me brain.Or maybe its the Marshmallows.

Very cool! Nice work--again! :) I think I'll start taking regular walks.
I'm interested to see what you come up with for stabilization.
+1 for the marshmallows!
Thats the last thing I heard my counsellor say as he walked out of our last session.
Havent seen hide nor hair of him since.

That's a nice and very interesting fin section!

FC
Thanks
Ill tell what what will be NICE, if they (fins) work.

Last edited:
Scratchers 026.jpgScratchers 025.jpgScratchers 030.jpgScratchers 033.jpgScratchers 035.jpg

Played around some more.
Comming into it.
Thru it together quick like and tacked it together to...."Get The Look"
Im liking the "Look"

:clap: :w:
Very cool! I love it!
An original and excellent job, as always.
:handshake:

Geezus Cripes! That thing is mean looking! Can't wait to see how it flies.

I figure you can use the marshmallows in the back ground as recovery wadding? Have treat when it all comes down...sorry just being my weird self this morning.

You have to catch the flaming marshmallows on a slab of gram crackers and chocolate, then you have s'mores and you haven't lit the surrounding country side on fire! It's a double bonus! :D

Scotty- if that was a kit I'd buy one right now, not kidding. Hmm, maybe you need to start Scotty Rockets™ :wink:

The DogScratchers are working like dogs to complete thier warship.
They hear tell that there my be a war between the cordless drill makers.
For the future of all,this cannt be come of being.
Can you imagine what it would be like if the cordless drill makers extreminated themselfs,
Holly Molly,how could man go forth without Cordless Tools!!!
Nothing would ever get built.
Jars,Cans,coffee cups full of screws ,nuts,fasteneers of all kinds would pile up and we would all go SCREWIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
So, maybe the DogScratchers warship can join forces with the "B" ship being built in another thread,to save all kind.

Anywhoo- Glued it up ,did some filling and shot it with primer pigment.
The black "Engines" arent glue in the rings yet.
I made a cockpit out of half a BNC.Not sure just where to postion it yet. I have it stuck on with a dab just for the pics.
Ill do some more touching up and figure out how Im gonna lay the paint pigment to it.
OH-YA ,I got to looking at it and decided it would be cool if it had a "LAUNCH LUG". :cyclops:

Scratchers 040.jpg

Scratchers 036.jpg

Scratchers 037.jpg

Scratchers 038.jpg

Scratchers 039.jpg

I like what I see!!!! However , it seems the cordless drill makers have disolved their differences. " ONLY ONE BATTERY CAN SURVIVE", The galaxy waited,war seemed iminent !!-------I like the tail fin and the lower bulge---nice touch !!!

Are you gonna hide the lug??
Well,now that I added the cockpit,I cannt throw it in the tube the tail is attached to.
So, heres a thought,go with 2 lugs and set em under the engine housings where they meet he main BT.
Ya,Ya,thats the ticket,they could be some kind of reverse polarity weapon.

Well,now that I added the cockpit,I cannt throw it in the tube the tail is attached to.
So, heres a thought,go with 2 lugs and set em under the engine housings where they meet he main BT.
Ya,Ya,thats the ticket,they could be some kind of reverse polarity weapon.

Reverse polarity weapons were banned by the treaty of 2099!!! Secretive in their nature, the drill makers went to work. By the way, I like that profile shot---very cool !!

Looks awesome! it's like a jet/rocket/futureship/tubefun/normalfin.

The cockpit makes it...

Not much to report other than ..
Swing Baby,Swing.
Got home and built MMT,BT 20 about 6" with engine block,hook and 2 50-20 cRS
Loaded a C6-7 ,12 milar chute,cord ,ect in it and brought it out back and did the swing thing.
Ended up putting 2 pennies and a dime sized wad of clay in NC.
Now I wait for painting weather.
Very HUMID up round har.
Had mega thunderstorms yesterday eve.
Anywhoo-, I guess I could start thinking on how to go about the next "Scratcher".
I do have a spark of an idea what I want to try next.
"Half n Half"

Last edited:
Back