NEW From Rocketry Warehouse The FORMULA 150!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
New from Rocketry Warehouse The FORMULA 150!, Now this is the one I've been waiting for, Perfect! for that L2 or L3.

Introductory Kit Price 299.99

Kits will be available for shipping on Monday 07/02/12

Available Colors:
Green
Orange
Red
Yellow
Blue

Kit Pictured in Blue.

Specs:
1. 94 Inches Tall
2. Approx Built Weight 28 Lbs (Loaded with everything BUT the motor)
3. CNC Precision Cut Parts
4. CNC Precision Slotted body tube
5. Flies on everything from K to M
6. Perfect for Level 2 and Level 3
7. Requires NO Paint

Parts:
A. Black Fiberglass Filament Wound Nose cone with aluminum tip & Coupler 34" Exposed Length
B. Black G10 Fiberglass Nosecone Bulkplate
C. G12 Fiberglass Upper Tube 24” Length
D. G12 Fiberglass Booster Tube 36” Length
E. G12 Fiberglass 75mm Motor Tube 22” Length
F. Black G10 Fiberglass 1/8” Centering Rings (3)
G. Black G10 Fiberglass 3/16" Fins
H. G12 Fiberglass Coupler 12" Length
I. Black G10 Coupler/Av-Bay Bulk plates (2) Inner (2) Outer
J. Formula 150 - 5"X40" Vinyl Decal

I'll be flying mine at LDRS 31 on a CTI M2250CS

F1501.jpg

F1502.jpg

F1503.jpg

F1504.jpg

F1505.jpg

031.jpg

Last edited:
Bob, There's no 98 option as of right now but if you are interested give RW a call.

Gary, Things are progressing but a bit slower than anticipated, Pretty sure the 1st kit to hit will be a full scale Arcas though.

Last edited:
Must....resist....urge....to....buy.....another....rocket....

Oh well, the spirit is weak and the credit card is willing :p

Last edited:
Hmmmmm....have money, would like to fly more 75mm, could get that L3 thing...damn, might have to get this one!

Gary T, build thread?!?

Im not even done building my Formula 98 or having my Level 2 yet, but damn I think im gonna have to buy this rocket lol!

The Formula 150 should be up on the web site by Friday night, Gotta say I'm looking forward to flying it at LDRS in 2 weeks!

Must....resist....urge....to....buy.....another....rocket....

Oh well, the spirit is weak and the credit card is willing

I've finally learned to resist that urge a bit, which is what led to some of the recent thinning of the herd at my house!

-Kevin

I continue to be impressed by the folks at Rocketry Warehouse. Their site is a dream to use and service is superb. Their customer loyalty program is another added bonus. Congrats on another great offering!!!

Gary this beautifull..could we tune that to an XL version to host contail hybrids 75mm..I need a 60 inches motor mount...

Gary this beautifull..could we tune that to an XL version to host contail hybrids 75mm..I need a 60 inches motor mount...

You'd probably be better suited with a kit more designed for that, The Formula line is basically designed to be an easy build and a fun flier, I mean you could put bigger MM in and stretch it but then you have a different rocket all together.

If I remember right, Contrail makes monotube hybrids, so you shouldn't need something that long.

-Kevin

Jeeez.. I have been window shopping for a 75mm bird that I can fly for the next year, a 'pre L3' if you like. After much angst and time I finally settled on a certain companies 7.5" Nike Smoke.

AND NOW YOU POST THIS????????

Fully G12 fiber body? Von Karmen? G10 fins etc? Colored? I am weeping. RW, you will be hearing from me come next pay check.

oh.. I downloaded the RockSim file from the website and it wont open. States "Failed to parse XML content."

Last edited:
Kevin,

the L sparkies (18 inches grain!) in 75mm need the long combustion chamber and the big 3000cc tank. All together makes ...exactly 60,5 inches ...The M combination is just a little bit shorter...

If I remember right, Contrail makes monotube hybrids, so you shouldn't need something that long.

-Kevin

I would love to make the experiment :)

Can I buy from RW the additional parts I need in same color?

D.

You'd probably be better suited with a kit more designed for that, The Formula line is basically designed to be an easy build and a fun flier, I mean you could put bigger MM in and stretch it but then you have a different rocket all together.

Last edited:
From playing with the Rocksim file, it appears no motors larger than about 26-28" long will fit, or nothing bigger than an Aerotech 75/5120. The AT 75/6000 is too long and contacts the Av-bay. Only the CTI 75/4g motors fit, and I didn't try any snap ring motors. An Aerotech M1500G takes it to 7500' without any recovery gear loaded onto the file. So, minimum-M motor altitude would be probably about 7000' with a Rocketman 14' chute and some recovery harnesses. That isn't shabby, but disappointing if it's also the top-end altitude possible--narrow range of possible motor combo's with the weight of the kit and the apparently limited length for the motors.

Gary, are the dimensions in the file correct on lower airframe length? Maybe I've missed something here.

Mark:
They are correct but like I said the whole Formula line is basically designed to be a really easy build and fun to fly, Mach busting and altitude records are not what the line was designed for.

From playing with the Rocksim file, it appears no motors larger than about 26-28" long will fit, or nothing bigger than an Aerotech 75/5120.

This is true. It goes plenty high with the shorter Ms.

Order placed! Gary, couldn't pass up the blue one...Look forward to the build!

Preston

Order placed! Gary, couldn't pass up the blue one...Look forward to the build!
Preston
Preston, You won't be disappointed the blue is awesome! Did you get the Proline 4500 Epoxy as well? For these colored kits there's nothing better.

013-3.jpg

is that pic the Tangerine color?????
Can you post a pic of the Cherry too? or just an airframe section pls.

This is true. It goes plenty high with the shorter Ms.

"Plenty high" is relative when your waiver goes to 19K MSL! My last flight before deploying was a Competitor 3 on a K550W to 8300' and change (would have been a KBA K750 to 12-13k if it wasn't 10-15+mph windy). Then again, I have no idea where the AF will send me when done here--very likely will not be back to Las Vegas as much as I'd like to go back there for rocketry alone...Tripoli Vegas is awesome. So, still debating this very attractive "F-150", the sexy Competitor 5 or the ginormous Gizmo XL DD. Choices, choices, choices...

The Cherry "F-150" is compelling! I bet a first flight with that new Aerotech L900DM would rock the house.

Back