Binder Design - JackHammer Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neond7

Sky Pirate
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't seen any JackHammers posted here yet. Time to start!! Super fun build, I'm anxious to see this one fly soon.

Had to add ~8oz of nose weight. Also, used nylon rivets to help hold on the nose tip - plus it looked really cool.

Jlast.JPG

b2.JPG

B5.JPG

B1.JPG

J1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Binder Design Jackhammer Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Binder Design Jackhammer and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Binder Design: Jackhammer:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Binder Design Jackhammer Basic Information.

binder_design.gif
Binder Design

MODEL NAME: Jackhammer Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Pseudo Scale
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 33"
Diameter: 3.9"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Inspired by a popular video game series, this is our rendition of a shoulder launched missile of the future. This stout kit features unique military styling and decals, with a simulated armor piercing nosecone design. This sport kit was designed with short duration high thrust motors in mind but it can be flown on most 38mm motors. Tough and stout, this rocket is great for L1 certifications and is even tough enough for a J motor if you dare.
Instructions include Rocksim stability data courtesy of Apogee Components. This kit also features a Binder Design exclusive.....Modular fin can assembly instructions!

This kit includes pre-slotted airframe for an easier build, and comes with a fin alignment guide! (Binder Design 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

binder%20design-jackhammer-2012%20web%20livery.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here is the JackHammer in action!!! Flew great!!!!

Attachments

• JackHammer launch.jpg
    JackHammer launch.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 98
  • JackHammer Pad.jpg
    JackHammer Pad.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 108
  • JackHammer Pad2.jpg
    JackHammer Pad2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 104
I see you picture i agree with you and i like it. Thanks for sharing the awesome post.

My trusty JackHammer had its best weekend ever - I launched it with the NEFAR group in Bunnell, Florida. It sure looks "mean" sitting on the rail waiting to launch!! I used an I218R to get it up to about 2400' and it landed about 75' from the pad.

Due to the "wear n tear" from MANY launches (and rough landings on a bike path, a log, a soccer goal post, et), I broke down and ordered a replacement which just arrived two days ago. I plan on launching this bird one more time and then retire it and start building my next JackHammer.

Binder1.jpg

Binder2.jpg

Binder3.jpg

Due to the "wear n tear" from MANY launches (and rough landings on a bike path, a log, a soccer goal post, et), I broke down and ordered a replacement which just arrived two days ago. I plan on launching this bird one more time and then retire it and start building my next JackHammer.

Or you could do a rehab project like my old Diablo.

Flew the Jackhammer yesterday for my Level 1 cert. Perfect flight on a H123W.
I added kevlar sleeving to the shock cord and a kevlar chute protector. Also a low profile aerotech retainer. Paint is rustoleum camo spray paint. I think I'll try an I300T next month :)

Pics are post flight.

[video=youtube_share;5x2DjOPG1jg]https://youtu.be/5x2DjOPG1jg[/video]

FullSizeRender-4.jpg
IMG_2593.jpg

Last edited:
Back