• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Giant Leap Vertical Assault 3.0 - immaculate and ready to launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry,

Your work is amazing in this build. My first reaction was the price was too low for the effort and what you are including. My second reaction confirms the first. Many (including me) should take lessons from you.

Kent/GLR

Hey Kent - thanks very much. I really enjoy building your kits, I think I built something like 6 or 7 of them. Really, putting a good finish on composite parts is a pleasure, especially if they are of good quality, as yours are. I used a lot of GL parts in many of my builds.

I did take a bit of kidding about having "perfect" finishes, as they get beat up pretty quickly, but it's all a matter of pride in workmanship - plus a clean and well built airframe (and avionics installation) usually equates to reliability.

If this one does not sell, it might just be one of the few I keep for the future. In the meantime, it's still available.

Barry

You should hear all the crappola I get when I wear white cotton gloves handling my rockets in prep and going out to the flight line. But then again, I'm ready to give them a "procto" check if they get too lippy.

Kent/GLR

freddiejojo said:
You should hear all the crappola I get when I wear white cotton gloves handling my rockets in prep and going out to the flight line. But then again, I'm ready to give them a "procto" check if they get too lippy.

Kent/GLR

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Kent/GLR

Why white cotton gloves? I have worn kevlar but not cotton.

Beautiful rocket! I agree that the price seems high but you're getting a good deal considering the time and attention that went into it. I have considered it but ultimately for me, personally, building is half the fun of the hobby. I'd rather pick up a kit and have at it myself even if it doesn't look half as nice.

I still advocate the use of the "ignore user" tool for some of the people on TRF. All you see is:

This message is hidden because xxxxxxx is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

It helps weed out the useless posts.
Agree or "unlike" or hide spam button

Exactly. We're all here for a common purpose. Less hostility is better!

No kidding. The problem here is there is more than one way to skin a (insert animal) and everyone feels their ways is the best or only way to do things.

Back to the purpose of the post. Did it sell? I hope it did.

Mr. Cuda,

I'm a goober, where do you find these "ignore, hide" buttons?
Kent/GLR

Kent,

Click on the user name, go to view profile. From there you have a link to "ignore user".

PM Me if you have any questions. Happy to help.

Kent,

Click on the user name, go to view profile. From there you have a link to "ignore user".

That is awesome. I can see me using that more.

Did the rocket sell?

Kent,

Dear Mr. 'gevt,

Thank you so much for that information. Boy, oh boy am I going to put the "hairy eyeball" on a bunch of shysters who ruin things for all.

Kent/GLR

Dear Mr. 'gevt,

Thank you so much for that information. Boy, oh boy am I going to put the "hairy eyeball" on a bunch of shysters who ruin things for all.

Kent/GLR

Dear Mr. Jojo,

Happy to help! If it helps promote civility then excellent for all!

Jason

PS - when do you think that the Doppler Shift might be back in stock? Just curious. You can pm me with the reply if that works better for you. Thanks!

Now sold to a happy new owner...and to the doubters, for full asking price. Thanks to all for the entertaining thread! ;)

Barry

I am glad it sold. I would have bought it with my next paycheck, so I am glad it sold.

Now sold to a happy new owner...and to the doubters, for full asking price. Thanks to all for the entertaining thread! ;)

Barry

So the fact itself speaks more than the thread! It may not have seemed a good deal to some out there, but to others it obviously was.
In the end, the person with the cash is the only one that matters. Glad it sold!

Dear Mr. Jojo,

Happy to help! If it helps promote civility then excellent for all!

Jason

PS - when do you think that the Doppler Shift might be back in stock? Just curious. You can pm me with the reply if that works better for you. Thanks!

Mr. Gevt,

When will the Dopplers be back? I'm hip deep in institutional and corporate work and have had to put all of our high labor to fabricate products on hiatus for the forseeable future. Sorry, there is just one of me to go around.

Kent/GLR

:grin:
So the fact itself speaks more than the thread! It may not have seemed a good deal to some out there, but to others it obviously was.
In the end, the person with the cash is the only one that matters. Glad it sold!

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Mr. Gevt,

When will the Dopplers be back? I'm hip deep in institutional and corporate work and have had to put all of our high labor to fabricate products on hiatus for the forseeable future. Sorry, there is just one of me to go around.

Kent/GLR

Understood! Better to be too busy than not busy enough these days! I'll keep my eyes peeled and hope I can grab one for a winter build.

Thanks!

Barry
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Glad it sold for the asking price (neener, neener) but sadly for me, it means I have to finish mine now or just recycle the parts. Still happy for you tho'!

Back