Coaster - Super-Son Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnNGA

Reaction score
OK...I like the old rockets, this is my take on the 1955 Coaster Super-Son (Supersonic)? Center tube is a 20mm with centering rings holding on a cardstock skin. Nose cone is cardstock. In hind sight I wish I had gone thru the skin to attach fins and launch lug, I hope it doesn't leave the fins behind on launch. John

003.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Coaster Super-Son Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Coaster Super-Son and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Coaster: Super-Son:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Coaster Super-Son Basic Information.

coaster_logo%20trf.gif
The Coaster Company

MODEL NAME: Super-Son Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced: 1955
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount:
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 22"
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: This is a scientific construction model with solid fuel propellant. At the very apex of the flight of the rocket, a parachute ejects, opens and the rocket components come back to earth for refueling and refiring. Sonic speeds are possible with this rocket. It will thrill the most inveterate modelcraft enthusiast with the sight of the rocket zooming skyward at sonic speeds and at the very top of flight, seeing a parachute eject and open. The rocket may be re-charged and fired many times. (Coaster Original Brochure)

Advertising Liveries

coaster-super%20son-1955%20cat%20livery.jpg
1955 Catalog
coaster-super%20son-1955%20cat%20alt%20livery.jpg
1955 Catalog Alternate Image

Face Card(s)

coaster-super%20son-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

coaster-super%20son-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I like taking care of the gallery section especially because of posts like this one!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks..Launched on a A8-3, great flight. I think my scaling has it a bit short may redo.

well no need to mention much about it as they are awesome in their models. but i can only request you to please post some more models pic to look up for and also their construction patterns and cost incurred in constructing them

You sure it's not 1958 instead of 1955? There's a 58 catalog on yorf and there's correspondence on ye old rocket plans publications where he indicates he started Coaster in late 1957 after Sputnik.

Back