July 7th MMMSC + CMASS Joint Launch Breakfast And Beyond

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAC of MMMSClub

Reaction score
I will investigate a good breakfast joint for before the launch.

See if anyone has a really interesting fare to offer. There have been some cool breakfast places in town but all have gone aside.

Who's going to breakfast? and then the launch?

Hot Dogs will be grilled at noon. Soda and Water for sale

Robert and Gloria, and the AMW trailer will be at the launch.

We will Be raffling off several kits.

Do not forget to look at the (watering hole section of TRF) to see the club logo shirts and jackets and bring your order to the launch or send it in.

Scott

Kenn and I usually go out to breakfast before the CMASS Amesbury launches to make it a BLD day, and we're having the same problem as our breakfast haunt, the Whisting Kettle is moving to Haverhill because CVS has bought the building and the land....:(

If you have a good place for breakfast in Berwick, I'm in.

Bob

Well the local goofy ball course does Sunday Brunch and had a nice one today for Fathers Day, but does not do Sat. breakfast as of yet. So I am still looking for a good place.

I have found the breakfast place!
Come up I-95 go onto Rt. 16 and come up to the Exit 9 get off Rt. 16 and cross 108 go strait about a mile and take a right into Tri-City Plaza and the name of the restaurant is "The Wooden Spoon" in the middle of the strip mall. NO CARD! CASH ONLY!!! But very good food!!! Opens at 07:00 and we want to be first in line! As the line is soon out the door by 08:00 Only 13 tables!!!

Scott

I tried it this morning, had Eggs Bennie, two eggs, two ham slices 8"∅, two english(4 halfs) had to get a side of Hollandaise to cover it all. Beans, or pancakes, or toast, or bisc and gravy, or etc. .... 9.oo + coffee.

Thing two was full on just the bisc. and gravy. and she can eat.

29 yr. in operation, 0700-1400 tue.- sun.

What time are you guys planning to meet? I'll have to leave a little early anyway so I might as well just skip breakfast at home and eat there.

From what the waitress told me we all had better be at the door of the "Wooden Spoon" at 0700 as they have 13 tables, they can not move the tables due to fire code at the whole restaurant is about 15-20 feet wide.

From what the waitress told me we all had better be at the door of the "Wooden Spoon" at 0700 as they have 13 tables, they can not move the tables due to fire code at the whole restaurant is about 15-20 feet wide.

I'd have to leave here at 5:45 to get there at 7:00. As much as I'd like to socialize, the drive through at Dunk's at 7:45 is looking a lot more attractive.

I'd have to leave here at 5:45 to get there at 7:00. As much as I'd like to socialize, the drive through at Dunk's at 7:45 is looking a lot more attractive.
That's better than the 4:30 am I would have to leave by. But the traffic shouldn't be too heavy that time of day.

Waitress said by 8:30 the line is out the door. Ya it is not the early drive it is the how soon can I get to sleep the night before!!!

Are they open in Haverhill yet? That may be a good place for me to stop on the way. 495 to Haverhill, breakfast, pick up 125 and on to Berwick.

There is a chain link fence up around all the buildings involved but the Kettle was still open a couple of days ago. Haven't seen anything in the paper about a "final" day. There's still a couple of weeks to go.

If you jump off at 125, there's a couple of places in Plaistow, NH that may be good for you.

Are they open in Haverhill yet? That may be a good place for me to stop on the way. 495 to Haverhill, breakfast, pick up 125 and on to Berwick.

It might be faster to stay on 495 up to 95 to 16 to 202 instead of driving 125 with all the lights!

Last edited:
No breakfast but I will be at the Launch!

My wife and son can't make it out to LDRS so this will be like a "mini LDRS" for them! Here is to hoping that we can get some spectacular flights in (and hopefully no rockets that won't light but when they do they explode this time).

I will have my Frenzy on another H225, One of my Wildman JR kits on an H or I, Sumo on a G and maybe I'll send up the Saturn V on an E. It all depends on if the trailer of motors will be there or not.

I am sure that there will be other rockets put up. If I get around to figuring out the nose weight I have a 1x24 & 4x18 fatboy that is begging to be tortured!

I plan to be there for the launch, but that's too early for me to make it for breakfast.

Last edited:
No, Robert and Gloria and the trailer full of fun WILL be with us on Sat. 7 July and Haul A$$ to LDRS on Sun. and for the week etc.. They may not stay all day???

Scott

No, Robert and Gloria and the trailer full of fun WILL be with us on Sat. 7 July and Haul A$$ to LDRS on Sun. and for the week etc.. They may not stay all day???

Scott

I realized right after I posted that LDRS was the following weekend and edited my post, but you were too quick for me!

My dad and I will be there with a bunch of rockets! My first Rocket boosted glider, an experimental rocket we call "MIRV" (You'll see it when it splits into 3 separate rockets at apogee), and my first Dual Deployment attempt. At some point I want to put Plan-B (Estes Partizon) up on an H90 with a camera attached.

A rocket of ours has an "Observation bay" inside, lit with an LED flashlight so our camera can see. We plan to investigate the effects of high acceleration on eggs, Gummy bears, and various squishy things. Should make for an interesting video...

If it comes in time, I may have myself a MPR Pyramid to fly.

Breakfast for me will be a couple of rocket launched doughnuts (My newest rocket fits them! I just HAVE to fly one or two). Dessert, some transonic M&M's. I could probably fit a muffin in my Buffalo Payload bay...

No breakfast but I'll be there for the launch. I plan on flying a couple of hybrids and should have enough nitrous if anybody else would like to.

Scott, I forgot to ask, how late in the afternoon are we flying?

No breakfast for me either but I'll be there for lunch!
Will lunch be provided?
Oh, and I'll launch some rockets too!

Can't make breakfast, but will definitely be at the launch if the weather is good.

Given favorable winds and Roberts Vanful-O-Rocket-Goodies, I'll try to squeeze in my Level 2 flight attempt.

I'll see you all there!

Mike

Scott
Of course I will be there all day.
LDRS isn't till Thursday...

Robert

Yes, Sorry that was the brain fart that made me think there was some other event you needed to get to, but that was a past situation, My Bad.

Back