You might be a rocket geek if...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're still up at 10:45 online at TRF instead of showering and going to bed before a big day tomorrow :D

Adrian

You spend all day looking for the perfect launch site...

Or...lurking on the rocketry forum! ;-)

... you look at the bishop's mitre and wonder about the CP to CG relationship while speculating if the little hangy things in back would provide drag stability.

...or you think of way's to get your wife to like rocketry

...you buy one more can of Pringles at the grocery store because two doesn't make a long enough body tube. :)

Your wife buys you a refurbished Vollrath 10 QT Mixer for Fathers day.

You make assessments of any open space or field you drive by not in terms of acreage but in terms of impulse limits.

The ability to fit your biggest rocket was a deal maker/breaker last time you went car shopping.

Studying for the L2 exam was completely unnecessary; you still scored 100%.

You've actually used trigonometry since high school.

....You have a HUGE pile of gift wrap tubes salvaged from someone on garbage day, who lives about a ten minute walk away
from home.

You refuse to throw anything away because it can be used for or has parts, when disassembled, that can be used in a rocket or for rockets.

...even the HS principal at your job saves the mailer tubes 'cause he knows you want them..not to mention my wife saves the foil tubes (24mm)and PT rolls(close BT-60)for me

If you will not buy a car without measuring how long a rocket can be transported in it.

What??? No mention of spending an inordinate amount of time CA'd to things? (Crazy Jim?)

If you buy things from a vending machine based on the position it's in: B6, C6, E9......

You may be a rocket geek if the only commodity price you check each day isn’t gold, silver or pork bellies but balsa wood.

You may be a rocket geek if you can only recite the alphabet up to P.

You may be a rocket geek if you have named your dog Quest and your cat Estes.

You may me a rocket geek if you have been stopped by law enforcement on multiple occasions due to the one-half scale “Patriot” missile strapped to the top of your Ford Fiesta.

You may be a rocket geek if the motor for the one-half scale “Patriot” missile develops more power than the motor for your Ford Fiesta.

You may be a rocket geek if you actually know a formula for the comparison of the power out-put of the “Patriot” vs the Fiesta.

You may be a rocket geek if your purchase of so much high-power rocket materials has put you on an FBI “Watch list”.

If you pack some flown rocket parts into your luggage and you spend 2 minutes to ensure everything is cushioned well by your freshly cleaned laundry but only 5 seconds worrying about black powder stains.

While watching "The Right Stuff" your wife, who is not into rockets, yells CATO during the scene when the rockets blow up.

If you are a tube hoarder. Or fantasize attaching 3-4FNC to any and all cylindrical objects that catch your eye.

When your two year old daughter sees a crayon bank in ToysRUs and yells "Rocket...Woosh!!!" (And I haven't even built a crayon rocket yet)..

When you don't complain about your wife's Starbucks habit because you want more of those dome lids so can can add to your Starbucks fleet (OK, maybe that's just me).

Back