I had a 15" long piece of 1.9" tube left over from my 2x Viper, so I decided to attempt Kraken like tube fins. Getting the tape to line up was a pain, but the cuts went well. After that went smooth, I figured there was no sense wasting the removed material. I trimmed them up a little, then glued them back to back using a short piece of toilet paper roll.
I think I have a 2.1" nosecone in my box-o-parts. Just maybe....
Will probably be a while before I get round-2-it. With no more projects on the schedule until fall, I have to make my savings last through summer. (but I'll be busy, have a pile of kits and some misc LPR parts to play with)
2013: an E-16 & an E-9