• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Must Sell Everything

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Due financial difficulties, and foreclosure, I am forced to sell everything.
There will only be a few items that I will put a price on, which may or may not be negotiable.
Everything else will be At Best Offer.
Many of my builds over the winter are not finished, but are either in primer, or ready for primer.
Due to the temps in Michigan during the winter, I was not able to prime/paint these rockets.
I will try and lest a few each night with photo's.
During the day, I am busy trying to liquidate many other things within the household.
I will also have many building supplies available.
The biggest engines my rockets were designed for are 29mm.
As most of you know, was in the process of advancing from Low to Mid powered Rockets.
So all that I have is basically Low Powered to the high end, and some in the Mid Power at the lower end.
Just please don't take advantage of our current circumstance.
I live life by one simple ideal;
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
If everyone could live that way, the world would be a much better place!
Thank you all Kindly.

I probably don't need anything but will do my best to make some offers. Feel I owe since I have been there too and had many people help me out. Good luck to you and yours.

Same here, Woody. Let's not call it a departure, rather a short vacation from the sport :wink:
See ya back soon!

Same here, Woody. Let's not call it a departure, rather a short vacation from the sport :wink:
See ya back soon!
Woody- it's like Jeff says, just a vacation from the sport. I know it's tuff. We've kinda 'known' each other for a while so I'm going to start a "Hope Chest" for ya. (Hope ya get back into the sport!) PM me or hit my e-mail when you're ready. You know I don't build kits so I'm not a lot of help there but I'll see what i can do. Just got back from ROCstock motor rich and dollar poor, but I'll help where I can-watch your e-mail, please. If anybody else wants to contribute to the 'Hope Chest' you can send your bits/parts/kits to me and I'll collect them all up and forward them to Woody when he gets settled. I promise not to steal anything from the box unless it's a 5.5 F/G Nike kit and then John is screwed and my honour goes up in smoke (literally)! Hang in there buddy- nothing last forever and you can survive this. Best wishes- dave-

Foreclosures take 12 or more months to finalize, during which time you needn't make a mortgage payment. After that, there are agencies who can extend your stay by several months for about 20% of your monthly mortgage. Find out what your rights are before you sell off the family jewels. On a side note, it's just money, and they print more every day. If everyone is healthy, then the money ain't that important anyway. Good luck to you.

Woody;

Sorry to hear about your troubles and your (hopefully temporary) departure from the hobby.
Please PM us so we know what you have on the table and we can help you out, at least in a small part, with the money.

sincerely,
Geoff

Woody wanted me to post for him and apologize to anyone waiting for his list of items to sell. Seems his hard drive fried the evening of the post and then shortly after that, he lost access to the internet. I'm sure we can all relate to the changing economy and hope his situation is resolved so he can rejoin us in the near future. PM me if you want to leave a message for him, as his contact has become sporadic and he depends on his friends and neighbors to keep me posted as he prepares to move.

When it rains, it pours. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Looking back at my history, I was really in bad shape.
I never got to list my rockets for sale.
And actually, the 1.5 years things stayed in storage, I pulled it out and things were a bit rough.
With time, fins straightened out.
I appreciate fyrwrxz for his loyality. I have to say, anyone knowing Dave, must know what a wonderful person he is.
Since I posted this we spent 2 weeks in a motel room until we were able to find an appartment.
Which we have now been in for 2 years.
We have now considered this our home.
6 months ago I posted somewheres I got my stuff out of storage.
Since then, I've tried to get things going again. Space is a big thing in an appartment as probably most of you know.
I had one hell of a wood shop and it was my life. I miss it so much no one can comprehend how much I miss my machines, and the things I could do.
I finally got a firm to represent me in my SSDI case without needing money up front.
I am hoping with conficence that within a year I will have what is due to me.
My back has been broken 3 seperate times and I can no longer do what I do that I love. And that is be a free willed man.
The 6 months since I've gotton my rockets out of storage I've been able to do zero work on anything.
I can't stand to be on my feet more than a few minutes.
If you can imagine this, someone standing behind you with a spike in your lower back, and every time your heart beats, it feels like some driving that spike into your lower back with a large hammer...
That is what life is like for me.
I so want to make it to a launch to see some really big rockets go up.
I really would like to be able to finish the rockets I had started 5 years ago.
I don't care if they even get to be launched.
I just want to be able to finish them up and put the decals on them.
I must sound like a pathetic morron.
Sorry for dumping on everyone.
Friends and family have deserted me as I'm not a Man anymore and can't suppoet my family.
And my wife has to work and I do what I can do here at the home.
Sometimes, one just has to vent.
And looking back through my history, I guess is a good place to do that.
Happy Summer to you all, and retreive all that you launch in a relaunchable state.

Woody I'm sorry about your situation and my prayers are with you and your family. I remember a few years back I called it off with my girlfriend at the time and left, but nowhere to go I lived on the streets and drifted between Vegas and Escondido for about a year before I was able to find a livable situation. I had all my rocket stuff in storage and I so badly wanted to get into it again. I do remember dropping in the forum from time to time from a hot spot at a Starbucks and just reading about the cool stuff on here and getting to know these great people kept me going. It was rockets and designing them in Rocksim.....I wish there something that could be done about your injuries all I could think is maybe get a comfortable stool and work bench if you get to the point where you can build again

Friends and family have deserted me as I'm not a Man anymore and can't support my family.

The hell with them all! If they say stuff like that about you then they aren't family they are no body... no one has the right to judge anyone.

Hang in there!!

My favorite saying... "Don't step on my toes unless you are willing to walk in my shoes"

Sorry to hear this. Chronic pain is a bitch. I have had to live with it myself for the past 8 years and have been through soo many different doctors, etc.
The one thing that I can definitely say helped a lot was when they installed my Tens Unit with paddles directly on the spine.

Chin up and hopes for the best.

Woody.... I am at a loss for words.

You are still a man, your friends are not your friends if they say otherwise. Do not allow the naysayers to plant bad seeds in your mind.
I believe you will one day emerge on the other side of this as one who appreciates everything he has, not as concerned with what you do not.

Keep your chin up and seek out an answer....
Remember the beginning of the Six Million Dollar Man........ "Woody, a man barely alive. We can rebuild him. We have the technology......"

Straight smoke and good thoughts.

A man does the best he can regardless of the situation and it sounds like that is what you are doing. You said you weren't a man anymore and I beg to differ. I think considering the circumstances you are doing better than a lot of men. Hang in there!! A brighter day is coming the only problem we humans have is we don't know when but I know who does. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Back