Quad Cities Rocket Society June 16th-17th Princeton Il.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
Dang! You think I was a member or something.....promoting their events all the time?
Actually Wildman's going to give me a free CTI N5800 C-Star for this....:wink:
15k waiver both days, no windows.....tread lightly....

Just bringing a Madcow Bomarc for Sunday....going to be a lot of fun!

As a member of the "Chicago Rocket Mafia" it's your duty to keep people informed of any possible Mayhem!

Manny, is this where the trash-talkin' starts?

Seein' all the B.S. going back and forth is the best prequel to a launch....

:pop:

Manny, is this where the trash-talkin' starts?

Seein' all the B.S. going back and forth is the best prequel to a launch....

:pop:

You can count on Gus and Manny to do just that...

They are already talking smack about some unofficial MWP10 drag race.

Manny says :bangbang:

Gus replies :kill:

Manny says " Gus, you will beat me when:flyingpig:"

To which Gus replies :rant:

In the meantime Gus is refining his rocket design using his beloved Rocksim software :pc:

...and we all go like this :caffeine:

Anyway. I plan to attend this weekend's launch. How could I miss that !

Claude.....

I'll actually be on my best behavior this weekend. No M's or N's...no sir...
Come on out and, watch me like how it all started eight years ago....simple rocket....motor eject....

:mad: Evil Gus is coming out....:mad:

I'll STILL go higher than "Squirt" with my Madcow Bomarc on an H motor because.....
1. Cato's
2. Shreds..
3. Total loss in the corn......does not qualify for total N's used on the counter....:lol:

I feel soooo much better now...

Gus,

Your promotional problem is rubbing off on me. I just mentioned to Tim that I'll be on my way to the launch in the morning and he doesn't say "Hope to see you there". Instead he says " You can pull a trailer, right?" So my first official act 1 hour before joining the club will be to bring the club trailer to the launch :)
Hope to see people there! Although the farmer in me hopes it gets rained out. We're DRY! The corn leaves are starting to roll up.

Adrian

Absolutely. We really need some rain.

After Sunday, of course. :)

Word on the street the new 8" Gizmo XL Dual Deploy will be there flying on an M motor......a little birdie told me.

Great. There is one of those sitting unbuilt on my dining room table. Although mine is unique........ :dark: :cool:

Adrian

His is unique .....like the mad max he has.......it will stay in kit form till eternity. :tongue:

Last edited:
That's how collectible kits start out :wink: I'm just tryin to be ahead of the curve.

Actually, I'm still collecting G10 parts for the Mad Max kit. And I HAVE started on it. I have one centering ring tacked to the MMT :flyingpig: <--< may happen faster.

Adrian
Who, knows that his Gizmo XL DD [and Mad Max]will NOT be ready for MWP X, And is OK with that. I had so much fun as LCO that I plan on doing that quite a bit at MWP X.

I had a really good (Which means I didn't lose, shred or CATO......ANYTHING!) weekend at our little launch! The only picture I took worth posting is of Jason's DS on a big boomstick (which was really surprising by the way). But, the most surprising thing was that Gus flew a G motor to 700' :y: I know, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it! Gus, you could make a for real good NAR guy! :lol: Hahaha, just kidding by the way!

Manny

Jason's CATO.jpg

Gus,

Your promotional problem is rubbing off on me. I just mentioned to Tim that I'll be on my way to the launch in the morning and he doesn't say "Hope to see you there". Instead he says " You can pull a trailer, right?" So my first official act 1 hour before joining the club will be to bring the club trailer to the launch :)
Hope to see people there! Although the farmer in me hopes it gets rained out. We're DRY! The corn leaves are starting to roll up.

Adrian
View attachment 87269View attachment 87270

J.D. got it out there and, i got the trailer back too "Rancho del Wildman." I think i blew some of the carbon out of Rusty the Rocket Retriever......as "Lumberjack" may attest to!:wink:
VROOOOMMM!!!*cough**cough*
A lot of new faces out there this weekend!
Darn hot too!
Great wind conditions....as most of the stuff thrown up came back close too the pad.....

Thank-you once again to Tim and Jackie for hosting another excellent steak dinner:) at their home!

Enclosed is a picture of fellow Chicago Rocket Members.....(left to right) Steve "Lumberjack" Pauling.....Jason "Hot Tub" Griffin.....and, Chuck "Frontpage" Swindler rescuing a stuck liner from a 75mm casing!
I'd upload the short video of the "sanding process" used to "re-insert" it later but, there's a lot of foul language involved.......and, this is such a nice family orientated forum.....

View attachment 87269View attachment 87270

Enclosed is a picture of fellow Chicago Rocket Members.....(left to right) Steve "Lumberjack" Pauling.....Jason "Hot Tub" Griffin.....and, Chuck "Frontpage" Swindler rescuing a stuck liner from a 75mm casing!
I'd upload the short video of the "sanding process" used to "re-insert" it later but, there's a lot of foul language involved.......and, this is such a nice family orientated forum.....

OH MY GOD!!! Hahahaha, that video doesn't involve me does it? PLEASE post it! Gus, the reason I was sanding so hard was because I wanted Tim to blow up his motor :bangpan:
If that happened, I would have eternal bragging rights! :D

Last edited:
All that sanding and pounding was worth it in the end.

Tim's Extreme Wildman on a CTI L2375
Tim L2375_1.jpg

Tim L2375_2.jpg

Jason's Gizmo XL on some M-class concoction by Chuck Swindler, I believe.
Jason XL_2.jpg

Also from Jason, a Lil Rascal on a K2045. I am surprised I caught it while the motor is still burning :shock:
Lil Rascal K2045_2.jpg

My Darkstar on a CTI K490
Claude Darkstar K490_2.jpg

Last edited:
Gus had three flights on his Madcow Bomarc, each time upping the power a little.

I think it went from G69 to G108, to H123. Just two samples below.
Gus Flight 2_1.jpg

Gus Flight 3_3.jpg

Manny flew his Gizmo on a sparky, I forget the motor size :confused2:
Manny Gizmo_1.jpg

Thank-you Claude!
Let's see if i have a different perspectiveView attachment 87477 of Sundays event....hmmmmm....

Ahhh yes....from left too right....
1. Tim "The Chi-Town Hustler" Lehr.
2. "Don" Claude.
3. "Frontpage" Swindler.
4. "Hot-tub" Griffin.
5. "Lumberjack" Pauling......

NOT in the picture but, near by was Manny "Honey Badger" B. with his underwear pulled up at least six inches over his skinny waist line.

In my day, we called that a good "wedgie!":lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back