Help with model Falcon Heavy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexsalgado2012

Reaction score
Hello fellow rocketeers, I am a senior in an aerospace engineering class and our final project is to engineer a product which equips what we have learned throughout the year. My idea is to create a model like falcon heavy type rocket that is finless and powered with a b or c series engine, and a rocket that is anywhere from 2 to 4 feet in height. Can anyone offer any advice or help on how to build the rocket. I am a novice on how to build rockets, but intrigued on designs, well any help will do. Thanks!

IMO the first step would be download open rocket from source forge..it's a rocket design and sim program and it's free

A finless design will usually need to have a set of removable fins to be flight worthy. You can look up cardstock models as this will need to be a light model given the dimensions. Cardstock models are made by 'rolling' your own body tubes, nose cones, etc and can be extremely complex as done by the experienced modelers. Look in the cardstock and LPR sections to get an idea. The larger models of Saturn V and the Atlas, Delta and Titan use several types of cardstock techniques to create a flying models. Look into some build threads for Semroc Saturns and others to see some of these ideas being done. Best wishes for your build and congratulations on being in a very rewarding class. Keep up the hard/good work. Straight smoke and good chutes!

Back