Boynton Middle School, New Ipswich, NH

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
While working a booth at the Aerospace Fest in Concord a couple of months ago, I met a teacher at the Boynton Middle School in New Ipswich, NH. She had wanted to re-start the rocketry program they used to have at their school, but didn't know where to start.

I talked with her for a while and gave her information on our bulk pack program and our Jig-Tech fins. She seemed please and, sure enough, a few weeks later I got an email from her as we began to plan her new program.

She wound up doing the Whatchamacallit kit for her 96 science students.

In addition to this she also ordered a couple of Rhino kits and dooDad kits so that she could show her kids the differences in mass, drag and power. To help augment her classes, she also ordered one of our Cut-Away Model Rocket Motor kits

She then invited me to join them on launch day to help them fly their creations! We had a great day (this past Friday) and got 100% success on the days flying. She had a rotating team of kids who would station themselves 150 yards away with tracking tools to triangulate the altitude for each rocket flown. The would then observe the Rhino with a B6-4 and the dooDad with an A8-3. For homework they will have to draw conclusions based on what they saw and recorded. Good stuff!

I hope to have the photo album uploaded soon. In the mean time, here are a couple of pix:

First is one of the 6 classes filling out their data sheets after the launch
Next is a snapshot of the tracking team at the far end of the field.
One of the over 100 flights for the day!

Yeah, that was a good day of rocketry! At one point we were visited by a member of the School Board, the Principal and Vice Principal as well. It went over so well that she is now planning on doing a Fall *and* Spring program.

I will post info on the photo album when I have it up.

DSC03556.JPG

DSC03537.JPG

DSC03546.JPG

Back