Thrusting the Throne...450 LB Porta Potty Project LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not just use the video link to post this? When it's in the forums, you don't get the annoying ads...

[video=youtube;0M2pN1msaxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M2pN1msaxQ&app=desktop[/video]

Great Flight BTW... What did it land on? How does it look after the flight?

Couldn't figure out how to do that using the Rocketry Forum app on my iPad and I couldn't remember what the coding was...

It landed on the ground haha. Came about 2' from hitting a truck. 2 fins are bent and one chute shredded for some reason.

We had a gigantic crowd out there....

Much better flight and recovery than the one launched by that famous rocket guy. This one went up properly and recovered good. Well done!

Adrian

Much better flight and recovery than the one launched by that famous rocket guy. This one went up properly and recovered good. Well done!

Adrian

Oh you mean Ky?

I wonder if he's seen this yet.

You know...Power prangs are not "successful" and no amount of yelling on the flight line in your matching bowling ball uni's changes that.

Oh...and Thanks!

Last edited:
Was there no launch tower? Is that why you got the long majestic arc?

Oh you mean Ky?

I wonder if he's seen this yet.

You know...Power prangs are not "successful" and no amount of yelling on the flight line in your matching bowling ball uni's changes that.

Oh...and Thanks!
And every project of yours has been successful? Until you've accomplished what he has (and more) you should probably not talk $h!t.

And every project of yours has been successful? Until you've accomplished what he has (and more) you should probably not talk $h!t.

Ok.

Take a deep breath there fella. It's all in good fun. If Ky wants to talk some smack back I will welcome it and I definitely deserve it haha. I'll be the first to admit I got a big mouth and some folks don't like that. *shrugs* Frankly, if I had his bank account I'd probably be doing some of the same stuff he does.

Last edited:
Ok.

Take a deep breath there fella. It's all in good fun. If Ky wants to talk some smack back I will welcome it and I definitely deserve it haha. I'll be the first to admit I got a big of a big mouth and some folks don't like that. *shrugs* Frankly, if I had his bank account I'd probably be doing some of the same stuff he does.

Fair 'nuff, sounded like a solid jab to me. Is he a member here?

Another view:

[YOUTUBE]0M2pN1msaxQ[/YOUTUBE]

The crowd was HUGE:

[YOUTUBE]nAWAWEOIq04[/YOUTUBE]

We made Yahoo news:

https://news.yahoo.com/rocket-fans-cheer-porta-potty-blasts-off-003554863.html

And we made ABC's "Weird" news :facepalm:

https://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/rocket-fans-cheer-porta-potty-blasts-off-27418599

Denver Post:

https://photos.denverpost.com/2014/12/06/photos-porta-potty-rocket-launch/

Bozeman, MT:

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...cle_afe39695-6f00-5289-94ef-dff0854b3608.html

As you can see, the AP picked the story up along with a bunch of local news outlets. Hopefully, this goes a long way to promoting the hobby.

Also, the thread name is super obscure until you actually open up the thread and get the joke. Maybe tack on something to pique the interest like "Number Two --- High-Power Port-a-Potty Oddroc."

Same here... Never thought about opening this based on the thread name, even this morning, I hit the button by mistake. I assumed it might be related to a L2 build or a rebuild of a rocket that had gone awry.

Now I'm glad I opened it though, super project!!!!

Same here... Never thought about opening this based on the thread name, even this morning, I hit the button by mistake. I assumed it might be related to a L2 build or a rebuild of a rocket that had gone awry.

Now I'm glad I opened it though, super project!!!!

That's a good point about the thread name....hmmmm...how do I change the thread title? Can't seem to figure it out.

[video=youtube;KSkPTr5xSeE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSkPTr5xSeE[/video]

Gotta be more videos out there!

could not make it up there :(

john

Having endured an LDRS with all the asinine "hey ya'll hold my beer and looky here" projects related to the TV folks, I have to admit there was a serious bout of aw cr@p not not another example of j@ck@$$ on the flight line feelings on my part. Even so, a well thought out and properly executed example of serious tomfoolery.

Not a bad job, probably would have done better if Brunsting was not involved...

(Dave -> feel better having gotten a cheap shot from at least one person that was not involved in any way?)

Having endured an LDRS with all the asinine "hey ya'll hold my beer and looky here" projects related to the TV folks, I have to admit there was a serious bout of aw cr@p not not another example of j@ck@$$ on the flight line feelings on my part. Even so, a well thought out and properly executed example of serious tomfoolery.

Not a bad job, probably would have done better if Brunsting was not involved...

(Dave -> feel better having gotten a cheap shot from at least one person that was not involved in any way?)

ROFLOL!!!!

I probably deserve that after making this:

[YOUTUBE]ukM_VAdH554[/YOUTUBE]

:tongue::bangpan::grin:

Dave

If I were to send you a link for some remote PC admin tools, would you be dumb enough to click on it? I really need to make that video go away.

Speaking of stupid ideas -> You coming to Potter this year?

Dave

If I were to send you a link for some remote PC admin tools, would you be dumb enough to click on it? I really need to make that video go away.

Speaking of stupid ideas -> You coming to Potter this year?

I'm considering it! Coming to Potter that is...not clicking your linkies haha.

Really liked flying there for URRF 1.

Oh wait...not the grease pit again!

I saw this on FOXNews (sure glad you missed the car!). Well done guys!! :headbang:

Very nice flight! Great job. The rocket gods were with you! Darn things seem to have a mind of their own and often seek out the tiny spots on a huge field where you don't want them to land.

Back