Thrusting the Throne...450 LB Porta Potty Project LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
Hummmm...pieces of a porta potty are behind my shed. What am I and a bunch of people from Michiana Rocketry going to do with that?

image-428293249.jpg

Last edited:
Progress...

(Hint: the good stuff is at 3:05 or so)

[YOUTUBE]8anKcf0m3vc[/YOUTUBE]

Now that we know the design works...:dark:

WHat motor was that?

I don't recall exactly. The last time he (Larry) flew a 1/4 scale it was on 2x G motors. This was significantly lighter so I imagine it was in the single G realm. All he was trying to do was maintain what we suspect will be the thrust/weight ratio. Still haven't decided what motors to use for the big 'un. I will ask on our Facebook page.

I never thought of using a shrubbery as a blast protector........another good use for Cedars LOL

That was funny to watch ! You guys have a good time ,don`t you !

Paul T

I never thought of using a shrubbery as a blast protector........another good use for Cedars LOL

That was funny to watch ! You guys have a good time ,don`t you !

Paul T

You have no idea. Even though I was not able to attend this session they still took shots at me. Note the captions. I warned all of these fellas that when I took over as prefect one of my main goals was to have fun.

You have no idea. Even though I was not able to attend this session they still took shots at me. Note the captions. I warned all of these fellas that when I took over as prefect one of my main goals was to have fun.

Indeed Dave ,I saw the captions.

So if you guys decide to launch the full size port-a-crapper..........are these guys going to get a bigger shrub ?

Paul T

Indeed Dave ,I saw the captions.

So if you guys decide to launch the full size port-a-crapper..........are these guys going to get a bigger shrub ?

Paul T

I like how you say "these guys" because you recognise I had nothing to do with this launch.

Nah, for the big 'un I think a couple of skids worth of Charmin and hard-hats ought to do the trick. Jim get's a pink one:

pink-hard-hat.jpg

You guys should drag race it with a spool of TP!

That's going to be a mighty big spool to handle the same motor(s) we are going to put in the big 'un. Not sure I want to meet the critter that needs toilet paper that large. :y:

Some additions and that could be a launch tower also!..oops too late it's welded.

Would be funny if a pump could spew out blue liquid during launch...:bangpan:

Hmmmm...surprised there isn't more activity on this thread considering the size/scope of this project.

Oh well, there will be pictures and video of it flying soon enough. ;)

Are you going to have an ass-tronaut ride in it?

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

this is a great idea... can you produce a second one...just thinkin to put some politicians and bankers inside, where they belong by nature, then press the button and send them where they cannot damage the community anymore... yes a flying porta potty is THE solution of all problems of the world today :))

....love that thread, please more pics !

Back