Hello from Arkansas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rommy

Reaction score
Hello, new guy to the forum from Springdale, Arkansas. Glenn from California directed me here and to Lance whilst on a pinball forum, Pinside. I am anxiously awaiting my first two kits from Lance, and he lives so close I am sure we will meet soon. Had my first two launches about three weeks ago and decided me and the kids would get a little further into the hobby. We have a great low power launch area, about three cleared acres with buried power lines and no trees. School gets out tomorrow for the kids, and I hope to have our second set of launches next week. I am a pinball collector and also fly mini and parkflyer rc airplanes. Anyway...hello from Green Country! I can't believe it took me till now to discover rockets, they are a total blast and I am loving building and shooting both equally.

Welcome aboard Rommy!
Glad to have you both here and in Arkansas.
Your SGM and Kraken are inbound hot, and should darken your door soon.

Welcome aboard Rommy!
Glad to have you both here and in Arkansas.
Your SGM and Kraken are inbound hot, and should darken your door soon.

Welcome to the forum,You are going to love your PemTec. kits.I built the Kraken,great instructions and a very good flyer.Glad your children are getting into this great hobby.They will remember these moments for ever.

Welcome to the nut house. First rule---post pics---Rule 2-- more pics--Rule 3---Trout fishing in Texas is non existant around Dallas---please send invitation---have boat will ride----H

Duuuddde! I love to trout fish, beaver dam is like 45 minutes from my house! Best "backyard" trout fishing in the world right there...but for the REAL deal we head over to near Gaston's on the White river. It's all public access there, you can park across the street from the resort and walk right in. You can wade right up to the dam if you like, but it's barbless hooks only and seasonal if you go upstream...but head downstream and it's all you, all day, all free. Is it an 18' river boat w/9.9hp ?

Thanks for the welcome guys! Lance your kits arrived yesterday - yay! I hope to get to build them starting Sunday or Monday if I can get the kids motivated that soon after school is out. Pics I can do!

17 ft-20 hp- front stick steer-used it on the Chattahochee daily when I lived in Ga. We need to find a way to hook up some day!!

Greetings Rommy!

Fayetteville here...you're gonna LOVE the TRF. Exceptional people and always eager to assist :wink:

Hey, I didn't know there was another Arkansan on the forum.
Dude, where do you fly and who do you fly with?

Greetings Rommy!

Fayetteville here...you're gonna LOVE the TRF. Exceptional people and always eager to assist :wink:

Hey ya Layne!

I fly primarily with Hal Ellis and the Tulsa Rocketry club. For goin' a little wild, I head up and fly with Bob and Lance at "The Rocket Pasture" :-D

I don't think there IS a Tripoli prefecture in Arkansas...and Tulsa is a meager 2 hour trip and lots of great people to chat with and fly with.

No disrespect to the Great State of Arkansas but from my admittedly limited excursions into that state I’m surprised a person could find a big enough piece of flat open land to launch a rocket from.

Trees, brush, ponds, streams and rivers abound; and isn’t Arkansas one of those states wherein the land can be so steep it is possible to plow both sides of the same acre?

Now in Western Oklahoma we have lots of big flat open areas perfectly suited for launching rockets and the good folks in Arkansas will always know when we have had a launch here in Western Oklahoma because they will recover our rockets in Arkansas after the winds here in Western Oklahoma have blown them clear too Arkansas.

Okay; so we all have our crosses to bear.

No disrespect to the Great State of Arkansas but from my admittedly limited excursions into that state I’m surprised a person could find a big enough piece of flat open land to launch a rocket from.

Trees, brush, ponds, streams and rivers abound; and isn’t Arkansas one of those states wherein the land can be so steep it is possible to plow both sides of the same acre?

Now in Western Oklahoma we have lots of big flat open areas perfectly suited for launching rockets and the good folks in Arkansas will always know when we have had a launch here in Western Oklahoma because they will recover our rockets in Arkansas after the winds here in Western Oklahoma have blown them clear too Arkansas.

Okay; so we all have our crosses to bear.

Lucky for you, you didn't make it to the eastern portion of the State. It is one big, flat, muddy flood plain. From Crowley's Ridge east it bottoms out in soybean, rice and cotton fields as far as the eye can stand.
*blerg*
The Fort Smith Fayetteville area is as beautiful as the flood plain is ugly......
But you are right, in Central Arkansas it is difficult to find open fields without trees, ponds, cows, revenuers or banjo music.

Welcome aboard!
WHere do you launch?

And how come we don't have an NAR Chapter in AR?

Mostly gravel pits and LPR types usually. My current residence I have air life from the hospital on one side and a small airport on the other. That curtails most of my launches here. Also takes care of the local park/ballfield.

Welcome to the zoo!! Sorry to hear about your limited flying spaces, but we make do with what we have....

Have fun, Fly safe!

Terry

Welcome.

I'm surprised to hear that there are rockets in Springdale, I thought there was nothing there but knifemakers.

Back