TRF Logo

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last piece of the rocket, the exhaust nozzle, was made using the transition tool found at www.payloadbay.com

Two were made of card stock, one slightly shorter in length so it could nest in the other. This increased the overall stiffness of the nozzles after being soaked with thin CA and bonded together.

All the seams around and between the two nozzles were filled and sanded, primerd and given a coat of white gloss paint.

TRF logo rocket 055.jpg

Last edited:
Thin strips of masking are applied to the nozzle.

TRF logo rocket 060.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm... by the rules it has to have flown, with pics posted by the end of today... Might wanna hit the fast forward button... Then again you still have several hours of tease time left.

I'm willing to bet good money its been flown and photographed :D

(You know how to keep a rocket geek in suspense? ... I'll tell you later :p )

Before and after.

Due to drought conditions the launch has been scrubbed. No joy.

TRF logo rocket 073.jpg

TRF logo rocket 072.jpg

Attachments

• Rocketry_Forum_logo_shadow.png
    Rocketry_Forum_logo_shadow.png
    29 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Bonus points for putting it on a purple background, seeing as how purple is my favorite color!

Makes up for that Wizard of Oz reference earlier. :D

-Kevin

Supporting cast of colors. :grin:

TRF logo rocket 074.jpg

Attachments

• TRF logo rocket 072.jpg
    TRF logo rocket 072.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 54
Well what can you say ,another fine example of your work and eye for detail.......damn good work "T" !!:handshake:

May your new creation fly straight and true when the weather decides to play ball.I look forward to the flight report.

Take care chum !

Paul T

Somehow I got this one mixed up with another build thread. Thinking it was one in the same.

This masterpiece is worthy of honorable mention no matter if it flew. Lets make a case for it and have a Tour 'd TRF Logo! :)

T, you finished this rocket faster than you sanded the body tube on "Fly Me!". Motivation is a beautiful thing. :) Dude this thing is a masterpiece. Sorry for missing out on the build in 'realtime'. :(

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
:wave:

Beautiful. Excellent craftsmanship. Sorry about the non-launch.

Gorgeous paint and oh, how's your Krylon stock doing these days? Out performing the market? They should be getting in touch with you shortly. Something about an advertising contract. Testimonials are always convincing.

Beautiful. Excellent craftsmanship. Sorry about the non-launch.

Gorgeous paint and oh, how's your Krylon stock doing these days? Out performing the market? They should be getting in touch with you shortly. Something about an advertising contract. Testimonials are always convincing.

Wally World didn't have the right shade of Krylon Red. I was forced to use that Rust-oleum bull squirt. :grin:

Thanks for the show.
I missed most of it,I figured I had PLENTY of time to catch up on your progress.
Going by your build thread history,I had a date set for 3 months from now to check in on this build.
Imagine my surprise to see its allready done.
HA HA HA HA HA
Some people.......:eyeroll:

EDIT...OH YA--By the way....Very Nice Job.

Yeah, some people...

Sharpend up your stick to take another poke at me, eh. GBADG :rofl:.

hund036.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, some people...

Sharpend up your stick to take another poke at me, eh. GBADG :rofl:.
Depends on whos eyes you are looking thru.
I see it as a compliment.
Some people only see bad things.
Like, going out for a good dinner, who cares, it all turns to CRAP
.Ya-da,ya-da,ya-da

Last edited:
Realistically, do you see your burn ban being lifted any time soon? Or do you think it's going to be this fall before you can fly any rockets?

-Kevin

Realistically, do you see your burn ban being lifted any time soon? Or do you think it's going to be this fall before you can fly any rockets?

-Kevin

I don't belive there is going to be any burning allowed in the foreseeable future. The area is really dried out and it will take more then just a couple'a rain showers to get things back to normal.

ff63733a34990d6dddb0fc79c5b05cc8_c99b4c858d3a95568c47f324f503c65e.jpg

Last edited:
I don't belive there is going to be any burning allowed in the foreseeable future. The area is really dried out and it will take more then just a couple'a rain showers to get things back to normal.

Ugh. Sounds like you folks are getting what Kansas had about a year ago. Not good, not good at all.

-Kevin

Same thing in the Indy area. Maybe a half an inch rain in the last two months at my house and nearby launch park. Things are very crispy. I'm worried about irresponsible use of fireworks tonight. The county isn't "banning" personal fireworks due to a state law that forbids routine bans and is being over-interpreted by the fireworks lobby to include extreme weather situations.

Be safe, all!

Back