TRF Logo

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nut and washer are attatched to the backside of the bulkhead for eternity. The eyebolt is removable, allowing the nose cone weight to be adjustable.

TRF logo rocket 023.jpg

After all the parts are made, placed in position, checked for fit and then glued down, the shoulder is added.

TRF logo rocket 008.jpg

Attachments

• TRF logo rocket 004.jpg
    TRF logo rocket 004.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 35
  • TRF logo rocket 006.jpg
    TRF logo rocket 006.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 24
  • TRF logo rocket 023.jpg
    TRF logo rocket 023.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 36
  • TRF logo rocket 007.jpg
    TRF logo rocket 007.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
The boattail is hollowed out. It will now accept BT-70 tubing, centering rings and the motor tube with its parts.

The second of two hand made centering rings with a 3" O.D. and a BT-70 I.D. is already attached to the boattail .

TRF logo rocket 009.jpg

The parts that are external and below the boattail are also test fitted.

TRF logo rocket 011.jpg

Last edited:
You are an amazing craftsman, Sir! Fine job, fine job indeed! (Like the new avitar alot better than the rabid animal you had last week....)

You are an amazing craftsman, Sir! Fine job, fine job indeed! (Like the new avitar alot better than the rabid animal you had last week....)

Thank you for the encouragement!

The dog was the winner in a ugly dog contest, so someone cares for and about the dog.

Nice work (understated). This piece is coming along very nicely.

That looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it fly. Will you be doing swing tests?

Absolutely amazing! Any idea of the final weight?

That looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it fly. Will you be doing swing tests?

troj said:
I would prefer that the details required to build your version not be published. Some build photos showing progress would be cool, but templates, all the details, etc, preferably not.

Thank you for the interest and your comments. But it has been asked that details not be posted at this time, sorry.

Last edited:
I think the concern is with posting details that would trample upon a commercial product. Fair enough, though :D

Heck- if it's a vote-ya got mine just for the mad lathe skills alone bro'! Keep on postin'!
(I have to confess I have a lathe, but I'm seriously envious of the chap with the laser cutter in his basement! That's just too hard of a sell to the Viking Princess...)

Heck- if it's a vote-ya got mine just for the mad lathe skills alone bro'! Keep on postin'!
(I have to confess I have a lathe, but I'm seriously envious of the chap with the laser cutter in his basement! That's just too hard of a sell to the Viking Princess...)

Thanks, hope I don't disappoint you or your Viking Princess.

+1 on the lathe skills!

Filler work has been started to hide the centering rings on the nose cone and boattail.

Also begain removing material for fin slots.

TRF logo rocket 016.jpg

Back