[V0.8]Featherweight Interface Program for Mac (official)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoehahn

Reaction score
Well, I have the FIP for mac working, I just need to finish up the external drivers so your mac will read your featherweight altimeter. In the meantime, The FIP will let you save settings and view data for now, and once i get the driver working it will have full functionality.
So, Without further ado;

www.rocketryforum.com/apps/FIP_V.08.zip

You can in fact update the FIP program, And the USB connectivity should be working. Post or PM with errors

Thanks to Troj for hosting the file!

Last edited:
Very interesting, Tom! As a Mac owner (I use a MacBook Pro for just about everything), this gives me incentive to invest in a Featherweight over any other model. And since I am currently working on my Level 1 cert, I will definitely be moving into dual deploy soon after that (the farm where we fly is not huge and after watching a number of DD flights bring 'em back "close to home", so to speak, it seems like the sensible thing to do). So thanks for the port - I'm not ready for it yet, but I will be soon! :grin:

*Professor Farnsworth on* Good news everyone!(prof. off)
Screen shot 2012-05-26 at 8.44.49 AM.jpg
Update soon. Right now its launch day!

Great news. I have several ravens. I can wait to try this out.

I get an error 404 when trying to follow the download link....

Last edited:
I fired up this software last night on my iMac (OS X Lion) and was able to update it. I wasn't able to connect to my Parrot, though.

I get an error 404 when trying to follow the download link....

Download link fixed, ANd some people *may* have connectivity issues for now. should be fixed in a day or two

patelldp said:
I fired up this software last night on my iMac (OS X Lion) and was able to update it. I wasn't able to connect to my Parrot, though.

If you could, Dan, click the apple logo at the top left of the screen and hit about this mac. Then hit more info, and look at your USB ports when the parrot is plugged in (as the instructions from Featherweight say) and see if anything comes up, and refresh a few times by hitting (command) R. That should help a lot in seeing if it even shows up

Last edited:
Well, I unfortunately failed posting the URL :blush: . Its fixed now, tho

If you could, Dan, click the apple logo at the top left of the screen and hit about this mac. Then hit more info, and look at your USB ports when the parrot is plugged in (as the instructions from Featherweight say) and see if anything comes up, and refresh a few times by hitting (command) R. That should help a lot in seeing if it even shows up

I did the two steps that you mentioned, and I found that the computer recognizes the parrot as connected to a USB port. I then went into the software I downloaded from here and went through the standard procedure I did with my PC. Software does not identify the Parrot.

Any insight?

Screen Shot 2012-06-02 at June 2, 201210.51.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-06-02 at June 2, 201210.52.09 AM.png

Ya'll got me all excited, so I downloaded....went to open & got this. Guess I'm toast unless I did something wrong, my MAC is only 2yrs old?

Picture 9.png

Ok, so I will soon be updating the software so it will be universal and the USB issue will be fixed as well. Just waiting for the go-ahead from adrian

Ok, so I will soon be updating the software so it will be universal and the USB issue will be fixed as well. Just waiting for the go-ahead from adrian

Tom and Adrian, any idea when we can use Mac with Raven FIP? I understand you are working on a USB fix. Thanks!

Waiting for a response from adrian- anybody know if he's around?

I hope this works eventually. It has been my biggest want to use all my altimeters with my Mac. I own both a PC and Mac, but would like to dump one - not the Mac.

what happens now is that I work out a deal with adrian and the original programmer so we can come up with a solution to please everyone. I certainly dont want to detract from Adrians Products, Just expand their usage across systems easily. I have a few fixes in the works that should bring full usage to the FIP for mac, Im just trying to figure out what we can do. Thanks for being patient!

It's unfortunate that FIP couldn't have been written using a more portable software framework. Since it uses .net 2.0, using it on non-WIndows platforms is painful; I haven't been able to get it to work under Linux with WINE because the .net 2.0 support is broken, and the Mac support seems pretty involved. Meanwhile the Perfectflite interface software works fine under WINE and they have a native Mac version. Admittedly the Perfectflite code doesn't have to do as much stuff, but clearly portability is possible.

I can offer support if you want currently the wrapper is WINE. USe winetricks to install .net 2.0 and it will work

I can offer support if you want currently the wrapper is WINE. USe winetricks to install .net 2.0 and it will work
It doesn't work under Ubuntu Lucid even with winetricks, at least it didn't after several tries about 3 months ago.

I have tried it with wine tricks and it did not work for me.

Alright It sounds like I will have to do some testing on linux and put a version out for that.

Yes but still exploring options... If no solution is found by LDRS I will update before we go.

Back