Model Rocketry article in Model Aviation magazine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobH48

Reaction score
I just received the June issue of Model Aviation and there is a "State of the Sport" article by John Boren in the magazine and even a mention on the cover.

It was a well written piece and covered the gamut from 1/2A to HPR.

For those of you who don't know, Model Aviation is the official magazine of the AMA and while I don't know the number of active AMA members, my guess is that over 100,000 airplane modelers will see that article.

Last edited:
Two years ago, we were promised that there would be a story of our model rocket launch in a certain RC aircraft magazine. Instead it was bumped for an editorial agonizing over whether the FAA considers RC planes to be potential terror weapons...or so I was told.
:eyeroll:

Two years ago, we were promised that there would be a story of our model rocket launch in a certain RC aircraft magazine. Instead it was bumped for an editorial agonizing over whether the FAA considers RC planes to be potential terror weapons...or so I was told.
:eyeroll:
IIRC, there was news story not too long ago about a man who was arrested for planning to bomb some U.S. government building (don't remember which one) with a large RC airplane. Really, an HPR rocket would be a much more effective weapon, but given the amount people freak out about the "safety hazard" of rockets, it's a very good thing he wasn't planning on doing that, or it could have done major damage to the reputation of this hobby.

Back