Quad Cities Rocket Society Launch May 26th-27th. Princeton Illinois.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
WHAT!!!:y: NONE of you "Quad Critters" is over here promoting your event?

You mean.....one of the Indiana Rocketry boys has too do that?:pc:

Ok.....May 26th-27th at Princeton Illinois (the home of Midwest Power) from 9am-5pm? each day....15K waiver.....no windows.....
BIG "FREE" STEAK dinner too follow after range shutdown on Saturday for QCRS members AS LONG AS THEY RSVP with Jason Griffin (Griffin-on the board here) at the home of the Wildman himself.....just watch out for Tim's Rotweilers......

Rumor has it....some guy from Indiana is bringing a CTI N10K wrapped in a fin can/with a nosecone on top to "test".:)
A possible CTI K2045 "Drag Race".
Purdue University will "Test" something awesome....
and..
Mannyskid will.....
1. Break
2. Lose
3. Completely, utterly destroy.....:tongue:

something.....Ha!

Last edited:
And, in the spirit of continuing to poke QCRS, a WOOSH guy makes the second post in this thread. Thanks to the Indiana folks for highlighting this utter lack of information dissemination, and to open it up to the rest of the rocket world.

I'll be there, too. I want to see (hear / feel) that N10K in action. And Manny goaded me into joining the 3" rocket K2045 drag race. Carnage to follow...

cheers.

Last edited:
Should have a good group from Ft. Wayne too. Hopefully the Law family, the Gross family including their adopted son Dennis, and I'll be flying some sidewinders on bigger motors. Be great to get some more video of another Jayhawk flight.

Harumph! Instead of heading south to Princeton, the boss has me headed "up nort." I miss flying with TQC/QCRS on a more regular basis!

You guys have fun and take good care of those B.M.F.D. cows!

-Eric-

Gizmos on K2045's? Sather, that little rascal didn't tell me it was a Gizz race......darn it!
I'll be bringing some extra shirts we didn't sell at Thunderstruck 2012 and 2011 for anyone needing some "Stylin Rangewear".
Just look for the guy with the Silver Dodge Challenger parked suspiciously away from the flight line........at least when Manny gets ready to fly!
Here's one i've been wanting too do for awhile now......:lol:

Last edited:
Of course, i was ALWAYS partial to this one!:grin:
The "N10K" with the fincan and nosecone would have been my entrant into the FARMAGEDDON Drag Race had the correct motor been shipped in the box marked N10K like.....it was'nt.....:sigh:
On that weekend Jackson and Judy won with the best combo of motor and rocket......now its my turn.:p

Question: Who was the last place finisher of all prior and registered fliers at the event in the previously said contest......who did fly....hmmmmmm?

Awesome EX motor it was but, that HEAVY chunk of "Carbon Flubber" couldn't lift itself up by its socks if it tried......:rofl:

Last edited:
I've been informed that Justin may have his camera there too......I'll be bringing some extra trash bags to help Manny pick up ANY debris found in the fields.......

I call them "Body Bags".:duck:

Gizmos on K2045's? Sather, that little rascal didn't tell me it was a Gizz race......darn it!
I'll be bringing some extra shirts we didn't sell at Thunderstruck 2012 and 2011 for anyone needing some "Stylin Rangewear".
Just look for the guy with the Silver Dodge Challenger parked suspiciously away from the flight line........at least when Manny gets ready to fly!
Here's one i've been wanting too do for awhile now......:lol:

Oooooops, my bad. I have since corrected my original post. The Gizmo K2045 drag race is a MWP-X event, being promoted by a few members of WOOSH. Manny's challenge is a 3" rocket with a K2045. I'm using "Fluffy Bunny", my daughter Kelly's pink Wildman DD. You know you are getting old when you can't keep track of how many K2045 drag races you are in one calendar year...

I think I ended up with a few grains of your Thunderstruck N10K... now flying as an L3150.

Hey, if you make the Farmageddon T-shirts, put me down for a couple in Large.

Sather

Last edited:
WHAT!!!:y: NONE of you "Quad Critters" is over here promoting your event?

You mean.....one of the Indiana Rocketry boys has too do that?:pc:

Ok.....May 26th-27th at Princeton Illinois (the home of Midwest Power) from 9am-5pm? each day....15K waiver.....no windows.....
BIG "FREE" STEAK dinner too follow after range shutdown on Saturday for QCRS members AS LONG AS THEY RSVP with Jason Griffin (Griffin-on the board here) at the home of the Wildman himself.....just watch out for Tim's Rotweilers......

Rumor has it....some guy from Indiana is bringing a CTI N10K wrapped in a fin can/with a nosecone on top to "test".:)
A possible CTI K2045 "Drag Race".
Purdue University will "Test" something awesome....
and..
Mannyskid will.....
1. Break
2. Lose

something.....Ha!

Just to be CLEAR.... This event started out as a small BOD meeting and grew legs REAL FAST. There was little time to make this public and there was little intention on making it a Mini Midwest Power. I hope no one feels like they have been left out of something. We had little time and limited resources to make a full announcement to club members. We (the board) are working on ways to better announce these types of events. We are gathering all E-mails and going to start a regular "reminder" of upcoming events. If we (QCRS) do not have your E-mail, please get it to [email protected] This will help us to "keep in touch"

Looking forward to a great launch this weekend ....is it MWP9 1/2 or MMWP1 ???

To all who could not make it due to last minute notice, again, I am sorry and we will continue our efforts to better contact all club members.

Jason Griffin
Steve Pauling
Q.C.R.S. BOD

This event started out as a small BOD meeting and grew legs REAL FAST...

"It's not a party, it's an intimate get-together."

Candace Flynn
Summer 2011

[YOUTUBE]Mq6q77MUf8w[/YOUTUBE]

Mannyskid will.....
1. Break
2. Lose

something.....Ha!

Question: Who was the last place finisher of all prior and registered fliers at the event in the previously said contest......who did fly....hmmmmmm?

Awesome EX motor it was but, that HEAVY chunk of "Carbon Flubber" couldn't lift itself up by its socks if it tried......:rofl:

I've been informed that Justin may have his camera there too......I'll be bringing some extra trash bags to help Manny pick up ANY debris found in the fields.......

I call them "Body Bags".:duck:

Woah der! Woah der Gus! Comin' at my life bro! First, let me just say that CARBON NIGHTMARE 2.5 will be ready to fly by then, I'll post a picture here soon. I have made many modifications and will spank all you jokers! Haha! Gus I'll bring the body bags.......because buddy, you're going to need them!

Manny

Been so busy, I had not realized this was Memorial Day weekend... Wife has a few days off from watching our g'son, so will be taking a little R&R with her--thus will not make the launch.

I wish I would have known about this earlier...

Talking to Jason this morning....he mentioned that they will also be back out there on the 16th and 17th of June (Fathers day weekend)...That may be a bad one for some but, for some of us who don't have any children.....could biologically be the father of a certain member of the QCRS group.....that produces a low "buzzing sound" from the area of northeast Illinois.....it could be a great weekend to get away from it all.:D

Just to be CLEAR.... This event started out as a small BOD meeting and grew legs REAL FAST. There was little time to make this public and there was little intention on making it a Mini Midwest Power. I hope no one feels like they have been left out of something. We had little time and limited resources to make a full announcement to club members. We (the board) are working on ways to better announce these types of events. We are gathering all E-mails and going to start a regular "reminder" of upcoming events. If we (QCRS) do not have your E-mail, please get it to [email protected] This will help us to "keep in touch"

Looking forward to a great launch this weekend ....is it MWP9 1/2 or MMWP1 ???

To all who could not make it due to last minute notice, again, I am sorry and we will continue our efforts to better contact all club members.

Jason Griffin
Steve Pauling
Q.C.R.S. BOD

That is the MOST eloquient way iv'e ever been told too hush.....Guess i know now who's going to get the "Rump Roast" part of the cow at the steak dinner......

"It's not a party, it's an intimate get-together."

Candace Flynn
Summer 2011

[YOUTUBE]Mq6q77MUf8w[/YOUTUBE]

There goes Sather playing on weakness for Redheads....animated or real....pure genius.....That Ashley Tisdale...Rrrrrrrrr!

Woah der! Woah der Gus! Comin' at my life bro! First, let me just say that CARBON NIGHTMARE 2.5 will be ready to fly by then, I'll post a picture here soon. I have made many modifications and will spank all you jokers! Haha! Gus I'll bring the body bags.......because buddy, you're going to need them!

Manny

OHHHHH.......

Young Jedi must remember.....
1. First you have to bring it.
2. Then you must fly it.
3. Then you must find/recover said object.
4. It must NOT be in pieces.......Woooooooo........

Some of us....are planning to sneak up on you at the Steak dinner and "duct tape" a package of hotdogs to ones ankle and, see how far you make it before The Wildmans personal home security system "finds you."

I've got 3-5 odds on "Not making it more than 100 feet....at this time."

Been so busy, I had not realized this was Memorial Day weekend... Wife has a few days off from watching our g'son, so will be taking a little R&R with her--thus will not make the launch.

"Sky rockets in sight"......."Afternoon delight!"......"AAAAAfternoon deeelight!"..........Ok, i'll except that excuse.....you dawg you!

Here it is folks! The moment you've all been waiting for! Mannyskid rocketry is proud to unveil....."Carbon Nightmare 2.5"!!! This sleek, stylish vehicle delivers all of the features that Carbon Nightmare Mk. I and II had, but is lighter, faster, and can woop Gus's ass in any drag race! :D This snot colored beauty weighs in at only 3 pounds empty!

Gus, I will be extra alert now that you let me in on your guy's little plan.....Tim also told me to be careful where I pitch my tent, he says that Steve can get lonely at night... o_O

See you guys there!

P.S, Gus, if Tim is going to have one of those AWESOME Pro 75 Vmax motors this weekend, want to drag race? Carbon Nightmare Vs. Dante? It'll be a diabolical duel!

That is AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing Dr.J! Hopefully our little battle looks like that, that was close!

Yeah, mine was not optimized...

But remember sim'ing and doing are two very different things.

Here it is folks! The moment you've all been waiting for! Mannyskid rocketry is proud to unveil....."Carbon Nightmare 2.5"!!! This sleek, stylish vehicle delivers all of the features that Carbon Nightmare Mk. I and II had, but is lighter, faster, and can woop Gus's ass in any drag race! :D This snot colored beauty weighs in at only 3 pounds empty!

Gus, I will be extra alert now that you let me in on your guy's little plan.....Tim also told me to be careful where I pitch my tent, he says that Steve can get lonely at night... o_O

See you guys there!

P.S, Gus, if Tim is going to have one of those AWESOME Pro 75 Vmax motors this weekend, want to drag race? Carbon Nightmare Vs. Dante? It'll be a diabolical duel!

Ohhhh.....hi Manny! I'm back from working a 14 hour shift.....some of us can't sit around and "day dream" like you younger folks.......

1. Why do you call my rocket "Dante"? ....This is the one i call "Sam-I-Am"........and, Sam doesn't like your "Green Eggs and BURNT Ham" rocket.....
He says that when he "talks" too me....late at night.

2. There are two reasons we will not be "racing" each other with CTI 75mm 6 or 6XL motors.....The *WAH-V'-AIR*......No breaky the waiver....understand?:no:

3. Second.....and, i quote The Wildman...."Gus, you ARE the reason CTI ran out of 75mm I-max propellant......" So, unless it was previously purchased...you should'nt see too much of it there.
Plus "mine" is safely tucked away to be used at Airfest in Argonia in my two stager.:tongue:

4. I have the power of Jeroen behind me.....What kind of cookie dough could YOU possibly squeeze into that "Burnt Ham" rocket of yours?
Its just like having my very own Wernher Von Braun standing right behind me!:D
"Forget all dat I-Max und Z-Star shtuff Gustav......I have prepared a very shpecial propellant called "Wunder-Bar" for your vocket! "Ven ver dunn "shpanking" da kinder......can vee go to McDonalds?" "I vant du get vone of dose Space-X Happy Meals......i still haven't got dat Falcon-9 toy yet!!"

5. Hey "City kid" take my advice on this one..........Don't pitch your tent over by the red barn or the fence line.......It's NOT Steve you have to worry about....
Somewhere in the night a rabid raccoon or possum WILL find you.
"It was from that fatefull night forward that we referred to him as......Seven toes Manny!"

6. Don't ask me too "Sim" my rocket.....I just build them and massively overpower them.....The Marsa54's will tell you the rest later.......

7. *Disclaimer Time* With NO disrespect too your lovely mother.....who allows you to be around me, even when i'm uncensored.....
How fast will it go?
"If what the neighborhood kids are saying is true.....it's faster than your mother....and, that's REALLY fast!"

8. At 10am on Sunday.....the THUMP hits the ground.....with or without you.....see you there!:lol:

WOW!:surprised: Must have really phizzed him off.......he wouldn't answer ANY of my phone calls last night....:confused2:

Manny.....its "Uncle Gus" listen to me before the evil other us's comes back out and haunts me again....:eek:

You know i'm only pulling your leg....if i had..had a son, i'm sure that i would want him too be ALOT like you....Smart, hardworking, dedicated, good with his mind and, hands....I will be honored and soooooo proud too see you go for your level 1-2-3 certifications at Airfest in Argonia later this year.

I WILL do everything i can too make sure that the process goes well....:D

AUUUUGHHHH....the "EVIL ONE" is back....auuugh!:mad:

5.5 Hey don't pitch that tent.....blah...blah...blah....OR else some rabid raccoon or possum might sneak into your tent and, from that day on everyone just called him....."Manny Ball-Less-stero."

9. I bet he's out in the shop RIGHT NOW working on Carbon Nighmare 2.5-2
"Gus isn't going too beat this one.....i'm making it out of carbon tissue....that way i can blow my nose with it when it comes apart!":lol:

10. The only way you'll ever beat me in a drag race is to pump that nosecone up to 150psi with helium so that........Oooops!:surprised:....just gave away one of my secrets....:rolleyes:

When i see you on Saturday...i will present you with your FREE AMW M2200 Skidmark for your Cert. 3 attempt...
Thanks for always letting me have a little fun with you....your a good young man....headstrong....struts like a "Honey Badger" when you walk....but, nonetheless my favorite student, a good friend and always trying harder when things sometimes don't go so well.

I'm out of here...

Back