Quest Q2G2 Igniter for ejection charges?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neond7

Sky Pirate
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PerfectFlight Stratologger SL100 altimeter I'm setting up this week. Its my first altimeter, first avionics bay, first attempt at dual deploy. I'm stuck on how I'm going to set off the ejection charges.....

Has anyone had any luck with using the Quest Q2G2 Igniter for igniting ejection charges?

I'm interested in these because the ematches I've read about seem to be impossible to get without some sort of BATF license. If its just as easy to substitute these Quest igniters, I would be happy. Or if anyone had any better suggestions? Since my wife bought me this rocket (Binder Design Excel) as a gift, I really don't want to deep core sample with it.........

Thanks!

I have a PerfectFlight Stratologger SL100 altimeter I'm setting up this week. Its my first altimeter, first avionics bay, first attempt at dual deploy. I'm stuck on how I'm going to set off the ejection charges.....

Has anyone had any luck with using the Quest Q2G2 Igniter for igniting ejection charges?

I'm interested in these because the ematches I've read about seem to be impossible to get without some sort of BATF license. If its just as easy to substitute these Quest igniters, I would be happy. Or if anyone had any better suggestions? Since my wife bought me this rocket (Binder Design Excel) as a gift, I really don't want to deep core sample with it.........

Thanks!

Q2G2 has worked for me 100% of the time with a HiAlt45k and an Adept22 with one exception and that one time I am not sure if a connection came loose or what. I didn't think to diagnose the issue since I was running both alts in a redundant setup.

But anyways, they are great for BP charges and I have used them on at least 15 flights or so with 7 or 8 of them with a 2 alt setup.

I also use the Q2G2 igniters for my DD setups. No issues yet.

Same. I've used the same setup you are considering without any problems

Back