how do you get templates to actual size?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3boydad

Reaction score
like with jimZ? are there any other places to go to get plans for rocket clones and i would like to get the templates to actual size so i can print them out spray glue to balsa and cut them out. thank you

I usually use IrfanView to print JimZ's templates and patterns. It is free for personal use. When you print the file, make sure that the "Original Size (from Image DPI)" option is selected in the print dialog box. You can download it here: https://www.irfanview.com/ . HTH.

its still printing a tiny little template or when i say fit to page its huge.

IrfanView is used to print the TIF files on JimZ. Your browser is using a Quicktime plugin to display the TIF file in your browser. You should right-click on the image of the instruction page/template/fin pattern/decal sheet and select the "Save Link As" option in the dialog box that pops up. I use Firefox as my main browser, so the dialog box will differ a bit if you use a different browser. The actual images that you actually see on the page are GIF files and are much less detailed and smaller than the TIF files that are linked to.

i see. you need to click save as file, and it saves it as a PDF. the PDS looks to be scale. can anyone confirm this?

i still dont understand why they all cant be PDF. those seem to be of scale. when they are quicktime i still have problems.

like with jimZ? are there any other places to go to get plans for rocket clones and i would like to get the templates to actual size so i can print them out spray glue to balsa and cut them out. thank you

Those are TIF images and I just click "save as" and save as tif and then open them up with MS Paint.

On Page setup, uncheck the centering boxes and set margins to zero (that will set margins to the minimum your printer allows rather than default).

Make sure Adjust size box says 100%. Then it should print correct size.

i tried doing that. it doesnt seem to work for me. the quicktime thing is making it difficult. any other suggestions?

Back