Talon 6

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer!!! I have the same problem. I can't wait to get home because my heli comes today, but I have meetings all weekend so I can't play with it. I guess you will have to spend the weekend taking Deb out. especially since you will be in hiding for a month once the Talon arrives.

I can't wait to get home because my heli comes today, but I have meetings all weekend so I can't play with it.

That reminds me, I need to charge both of mine! :) Oh, did I tell you, I have two sitting on my desk that I can use? :D

I guess you will have to spend the weekend taking Deb out. especially since you will be in hiding for a month once the Talon arrives.

Pfft! I'm still working on teaching kid #2 more about rocketry, so he's not totally clueless when he joins the S&T SLI team -- he's already been told I'm going to use the Talon to show him how to fiberglass tubes. Cramming in as many learning opportunities on this stuff as possible in the next 5 to 6 weeks.

-Kevin

That reminds me, I need to charge both of mine! :) Oh, did I tell you, I have two sitting on my desk that I can use? :D

Pfft! I'm still working on teaching kid #2 more about rocketry, so he's not totally clueless when he joins the S&T SLI team -- he's already been told I'm going to use the Talon to show him how to fiberglass tubes. Cramming in as many learning opportunities on this stuff as possible in the next 5 to 6 weeks.

-Kevin

Thats cool that you can involve him in that build. I think he probably knows a lot just from being around his dad. He probably just doesn't let on to how much he knows. Its also good father son time since he will be around 8 hrs away soon.

John

Thats cool that you can involve him in that build. I think he probably knows a lot just from being around his dad. He probably just doesn't let on to how much he knows. Its also good father son time since he will be around 8 hrs away soon.

Trust me, he didn't know squat, until recently -- the older two have never showed any interest, Tim has shown marginal interest, but Dan, Dan loves rockets!

-Kevin

Hi new to the forum. I love the talon 6 I scratch build one of these in all composite materiels. I never flew it and sold it. I will see IF I can find the picture I have of it and post it for some eye candy.

Bill

The kit shipped today; scheduled for delivery on Monday. :)

Two boxes, 34 pounds total. Yeah, it's gonna be small....

-Kevin

Kev,

I'm still tryin to figure out how a build thread can go 67 posts, and the rocket hasn't even arrived yet :eyepop: (cripes, just realized I contributed twice!)
I think your gonna have to start a new thread just for the rocket and this one for talkin smack about the build goin on in the other thread :dark:

Adrian
Who will not post the build thread of his Mad Max until he actually HAS all the pieces. :D

Kev,

I'm still tryin to figure out how a build thread can go 67 posts, and the rocket hasn't even arrived yet :eyepop: (cripes, just realized I contributed twice!

That is becouse Teasing Kevin is too much fun, It could take up a few threads to cover all the stories

I'm still tryin to figure out how a build thread can go 67 posts, and the rocket hasn't even arrived yet :eyepop: (cripes, just realized I contributed twice!)

That, my friend, is what they call skill. :)

-Kevin

That, my friend, is what they call skill. :)

-Kevin

:D And remember how long of a thread Art Upton's 'Unboxing' thread was when he got one of the new Mongoose kits! And this is my 2nd- or 3rd:confused:- post on this thread!:roll:

Antici........pation....

Capture.PNG

I absolutely suck at waiting. If I could, I'd drive to the UPS facility and pick it up right now! The goodies are currently sitting less than five miles from my house. :(

-Kevin

The worst is when it sometimes takes 3 days for goods originating less than five miles from your house. ::coughNeweggcough::

Antici........pation....

View attachment 88435

I absolutely suck at waiting. If I could, I'd drive to the UPS facility and pick it up right now! The goodies are currently sitting less than five miles from my house. :(

-Kevin

what im about to say i mean with respect.....
haha.png

NOW BACK TO WORK ON THE REDSTONE SLACKER

I thought you could typically pick up at a location. I swear I've done it a few times. . . confused???

You can, but the problem is the "Destination Scan" just means that the truck it's on has arrived at the facility, but hasn't been unloaded yet. It'll show a different scan type once the truck is unloaded, and until then, I can't pick it up.

I know from experience with this particular facility that they'll unload the truck tonight, at which point it will go out onto a package car. It should be waiting for me when I get home from work on Monday, though sometimes the UPS Fairy visits after I get home.

-Kevin

Better take lots of sleep aid tonite so you will be well rested.If youre like me you'll be up to 3 in the morning thinking about how you are going to stare at the parts the next day.
Have you rented a hanger to store it once it is built? Just kidding, but I am looking forward to the real build thread. I didn't document my Talon builds as I cant handle the microscope
critique. I just post for advice after I make my mistakes! LOL

Glenn

Kent told me "two big boxes". I thought I knew what he meant. I was wrong.

Here they are, next to my 8 yr old...

talon1.jpg

-Kevin

20+ minutes of unpacking later, I have all the pieces out.

One thing that struck me during the process is how much thought goes into how it's all packed -- lots of pieces in individual compartments within bags, to keep them all straight and organized.

This is one very complete kit -- there are probably more parts here than on the last 3 or 4 kits I've purchased, combined! This is a "You get everything" kit! .

Anyone who compares it to what's on the GLR website may notice a couple things -- the tubes aren't fiberglassed (my request), and the fins are G10 (they're out of the honeycomb and I told them G10 fins were fine). Also, there are a couple parts Kent didn't have in, yet, but he went ahead and shipped the majority to me, knowing I'd like to get started building. Those last few parts will be coming later this week.

talon2.jpg

The instructions are lengthy and quite detailed -- I've got some reading to do!

-Kevin

Kevin is reading the instructions ( this is not going to end well):rofl:

Subscribed
s::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::wave::wave:
Also, this build thread has gone on for 88 posts without a build.

Last edited:
You pronounced it wrong, it should be
[\furious voice]Instructions? Kevin don't need no steenkin' [furious voice] *shudder* instructions. Just making sure, the fins go on the nose cone, right?

You pronounced it wrong, it should be
[\furious voice]Instructions? Kevin don't need no steenkin' [furious voice] *shudder* instructions. Just making sure, the fins go on the nose cone, right?

YES!! Exactly what I was thinking:D

Poor Kevin. I can already see the verbal abuse he is going to take on this.

I am waiting Bob Brown to comment.:D

Back