Active roll control system. Success

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very impressive
Are you going to publish your work? and program?
Which micro controler are you using?

interesting look you are using PIC 16bit with MEMS gyro accel
cuz MEMS gyro have Gyro Bias Stability about 20°/hour bias stability - -noise :0.01 °/Hz .
CPU : PIC 16bit to do kalman filter .
are you using gyro MEMS - ST gyro or !
am i wrong.

Last edited:
Quite interesting. In bygone times I remember a video from Dr. Rocket that used an R/C gyro for roll control so stable video could be obtained. One flight video without the device and one flight with the device was the same effect as shown here.
Nice, stable video. Except the hardware now looks so much better refined than the mechanical gyros of old. :blush: Kurt

Quite interesting. In bygone times I remember a video from Dr. Rocket that used an R/C gyro for roll control so stable video could be obtained. One flight video without the device and one flight with the device was the same effect as shown here.
Nice, stable video. Except the hardware now looks so much better refined than the mechanical gyros of old
Hi
can you give me a link for Dr. Rocket that used an R/C gyro for roll control
are you talking about this video
[video=youtube;5eVmpNzkQpM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eVmpNzkQpM[/video]
he used A piezoelectric gyro
but Neway he used 16bit gyro L3GD20 i think
what do you think :)

HI
Neway
about update rate / sampling rate with Kalman filter on PIC 16bit you are using .. are you getting 100Hz servo sampling rate or 333HZ servo sampling rate or !

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply...

Neway-
Last Activity: 30th May 2012 03:43 AM

kj

HI
Neway
about update rate / sampling rate with Kalman filter on PIC 16bit you are using .. are you getting 100Hz servo sampling rate or 333HZ servo sampling rate or !

A quick check shows that Neway hasn't been active on the forum for some time. That said, the video does have an Email address for him. I don't know if it's still active, as it may be an old academic Email address.

Last edited:
Hi,
somebody sent me an email with the link to this post, and I recovered my credentials :wink:
Now I moved to another city for work, and unfortunately I haven't much space and time, so I gave up with a lot of hobbies including rocketry :(

Let's go in order:
Hi
Neway
can you give us your firmware we need to take a look on kalman filter
are you using EKF or KF - look you are using KF
are you using Steady-State Design https://www.mathworks.nl/help/control...zmw57dd0e24177
why you used PIC 16 bit not ARM 32bit
i think with ARM 32bit you will get 500 Hz update rate or more
what do you think

I used a Steady-State Design. I was able to program PICs so I used a PIC18 (not PIC16)

about Accel are you using 16bit 24g accel or 100g accel.
I used a freescale MMA2202KEG: +/-50g

I didn't understand well. What sample rate would you know? Servo position was updated at 50Hz (following servo specs), kalman was also running at 50Hz

Back