Two Stage M to L Build.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nraymondb

Reaction score
I have a project for MWP this year that I have been building for awhile now. I plan on flying it on an AT M2400T to a CTI L851 White. It sims out to about 18000' on open rocket. It is designed around a Loc Precision 5.38 tube. Should be pretty interesting if i get it finished this year. Here is a few pictures. IMG_2210.jpgIMG_2330.jpgIMG_2358.jpg

Are those aluminum rods? Recently launched an 10 ft N with aluminum rods that failed, do you ever have problems with aluminum failing?

Very cool. Looks like you could even fit a 4 grain in the booster if stable. Imagine an AT M1939 staged to an AT M1297 ;)

I like the fin design too. Looking forward to more of this thread! :)

Are those aluminum rods? Recently launched an 10 ft N with aluminum rods that failed, do you ever have problems with aluminum failing?
Ive never had a problem with the rods failing. With this particular rocket, there is only about 1 inch of exposed rod between the stages internally.

Very cool. Looks like you could even fit a 4 grain in the booster if stable. Imagine an AT M1939 staged to an AT M1297 ;)
I like the fin design too. Looking forward to more of this thread! :)
Ive made it roomy enough for a 4 grain 98 M, and the 5 grain 75 M. so possibly if i go somewhere in the future with it, i could do a M1939 to a M650:) I haven't finished reenforcing it, but there is internal fillets with carbon fiber, and the fins are also fin to fin carbon fiber. The tubes have a wrap of 6 oz fiberglass as well. Thanks for the comment on the fins. Here are some more pictures!
IMG_2287.jpgIMG_2600.jpg

Still sitting in my basement looking just like that:) Its funny when i started it, i lived in Wisconsin, then it went to Canada, now its in Iowa. Well traveled for an unfinished rocket.

Still sitting in my basement looking just like that:) Its funny when i started it, i lived in Wisconsin, then it went to Canada, now its in Iowa. Well traveled for an unfinished rocket.

Aw okay. I am doing a Nike Nike Smoke 2 stage.

Back