• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CTI 29mm 3 grain case

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenstarr

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Title says it all. At the last launch I blew out my 3 grain case with a H410 Vmax. Fore end was flanged out:sad:. I don't need the rear closure, just the case.

Last edited:
Title says it all. At the last launch I blew out my 3 grain case with a H410 Vmax. Fore end was flanged out:sad:. I don't need the real closure, just the case.
Now I'm nervous...was gonna fly one of those this weekend. Any failure analysis? Did you drill the delay charge too deep? Think I'll hold off, even if I have two cases, to see the verdict on this. Will Cez replace it?
I have the perfect t-shirt to go with these: " Stay Calm and Don't Blink!"

Title says it all. At the last launch I blew out my 3 grain case with a H410 Vmax. Fore end was flanged out:sad:. I don't need the real closure, just the case.

CTI will most likely replace your case under warranty. I had the same result from another reload, my case was replaced with no problems.

Sorry to hear about your failure. Please contact your dealer with the details and the reload + hardware will be replaced.

Jeroen

Actually the company I bought the casing from said to contact CTI as they do not do any replacement whatsoever. Oh well. I'm wondering though if I had the delay grain drilled too deep?

Your vendor should replace this for you. CTI replaces the hardware/loads to the dealer. PM me the details and we will discuss this with this vendor. For future purchases may I suggest to stick to the dealer list on our web site.

I'm just wondering: does the H410 have a noticeably worse record than other motors in the same case? I flew one once, and the delay grain never started burning. My friend flew another one using my case, drilled out to the minimum length, except it burned through immediately after burn and ejected far sooner than we expected. No complaints; I overbuild my rocket so it just needed a new nosecone that my vendor gave me for free and my friend's rocket had no damage, but it's causing my friends to think that my Pro29-3G case is cursed or something.

Not that I am aware off. But I will make to keep an eye open. That's why the OP should file a claim.

I currently have a CTI H410 beggin to be put in my case and stuffed into a MM rocket thats ready to rock..

The question is.. Does the H410 have THAT much ummph to blow through the top of the case or could it just be something that happens over a period of time / normal stresses of propulsion ?

Thanks
Tom

P.S.. I hoping I tear off the fins :)

Oh Tommy! If anything was gonna shred fins on a 29mm-this is it. I set my camera to burst mode and got one shot of the rocket on the pad and the very next one was smoke trail with the rocket out of the frame. It was NOT a min dia bird! Brutal! Right now Frank's prolly looking down and smiling saying "Yep-a little tame for me but vicious enough for the builder!" I'm gonna wait until my CF mat'l comes in before I even try another. I'll put it in a box under the baby's crib for safekeeping until then....

The question is.. Does the H410 have THAT much ummph to blow through the top of the case or could it just be something that happens over a period of time / normal stresses of propulsion ?

Tom,

The internal pressure of the H410 Vmax motor are comparable to any of the other reloads. Just a much bigger nozzle. There is no extra stress.

Jeroen.

Oh Tommy! If anything was gonna shred fins on a 29mm-this is it. I set my camera to burst mode and got one shot of the rocket on the pad and the very next one was smoke trail with the rocket out of the frame. It was NOT a min dia bird! Brutal! Right now Frank's prolly looking down and smiling saying "Yep-a little tame for me but vicious enough for the builder!" I'm gonna wait until my CF mat'l comes in before I even try another. I'll put it in a box under the baby's crib for safekeeping until then....

Good man.

Back