CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shane:
Its not my secret as I haven't taken a single shot, Every pic I have someone else took, Thank god for theses guys on the field who know how to capture a great shot.

Super photos! Really cool to see those motors in action. Much nicer in flight then our test stand photos.

A bit of news: We hosted a certification session in April. There will be 17 new motors soon. From 24N.s to 17,907N.s. Stay tuned for CAR/MCC's announcement.

Jeroen

Super photos! Really cool to see those motors in action. Much nicer in flight then our test stand photos.

A bit of news: We hosted a certification session in April. There will be 17 new motors soon. From 24N.s to 17,907N.s. Stay tuned for CAR/MCC's announcement.

Jeroen

:eyepop:

Jeroen

Aww man don't leave us hangin J :)

Jeroen

:headbang:Cool! 17 NEW motors! And to think I haven't even dirtied up my 24mm OR 29mm cases yet!:rolleyes:

Can't wait!:headbang:

17,000 Ns?? (insert grunt here)

home-improvement-tim-taylor.jpg

Thanks Mark. There are more then one person who thinks I am a complete idiot for launching a desert camo rocket in the ... well ... THE DESERT!!! :p:y::bangpan::bangpan::grin::rofl:

Oooo my that is SAAAAAWEEETT!!! Do tell more!

Thanks Mark. There are more then one person who thinks I am a complete idiot for launching a desert camo rocket in the ... well ... THE DESERT!!! :p:y::bangpan::bangpan::grin::rofl:

Oooo my that is SAAAAAWEEETT!!! Do tell more!

I cant let the cat out of the bag yet. But It's a 4" diam Kit.. from a Major kit maker.. and its REALLY NICE.

It (and others) will be coming out REALLLLLY soon! he was just waiting for me to put it in the air to PROVE stability and performance! and I hope to do that tomorrow!

Oh your not an idiot unless you used a Camo Chute too LOL

This is the best shot I have of a CTI motor. It is 2-K590 DT motors coming up to pressure simultaneously, for an amazing drag race !

Nice shot, rocketboy! I love it when a drag race is close. Attached below is a pair of Ultimate Wildmen in perfect formation during the N5800 drag race at MWP 9. (Mine on the left, Chris P on the right. The smoke trail up the middle is from the Wildman himself...)

And, Dr J., looking forward to the press release. If you are taking requests, here is my wish list. Hoping some of it will be in the pipeline soon.

(1) an Imax load for the 98-6GXL case. Should work out to be a baby "O". (probably not on your pending list, judging by the high of 17,907Ns.)

(2) something / anything in the 5,000N thrust range between the M4770 (98-3G) and N5800 (98-6GXL). The M3400 (98-4G) and N3180 (98-6G) come close, but the 10" Jayhawk likes a little more kick off the pad, and won't fit the 6GXL case. (And the N10,000 is still a little intimidating.) How about a 6 grain C Star?

MWP9 N5800 drag race.jpg

Last edited:
How about a 6 grain C Star?

I'm hoping that's what the 17,907 N.sec motor is. Although, looking at the numbers, I'm guessing it's a 6XL Green. For impulse for a given motor size, it's very close to Red pretty much across the board. The 6GXL Red is 17,709Nsec.

So quit teasin' us, Jeroen! Was my prediction correct? :)

How much does your DarkStar DD weigh ? On thrustcurve it shows 15lb DS DD that says 'no way Jose' with the K360 because of velocity off the rod is too low. There is a 11.3lb DS DD that is green lighted with velocity off the rod 50ft/s .

I only ask because I was planning to do the same thing with a Vindicator DD, but using only motor deploy with the K360 , complete mine is just under 11 lbs no motor.

Kenny

I (just for kicks and giggles) had my Vindicator weighed without motor at the last launch I was at, 13.2 lb with alts and recovery gear etc. It was built a bit heavy.

Caveman style it is 9ish less recovery gear, I think.

I'm guessing a 98 6XL Dual Thrust? I'd also LOVE to see the C-Star propellant in ALL the 75&98 case sizes, A 4G 98 C-Star would probably be an awesome baby N.

Saw a post on rocketry planet from Jeroen and I'm pretty sure it has to due with the 17,907 motor. His post is below.

"You may be interested in the 'new' to be released 6GXL motor. Approximately an N2550. A little patience. (if you need it for Mayhem, it can be arranged - they are in stock). Certification paperwork should be available then."

CTI is pleased to announced the "Fly the N5800 to a record contest".

Over the last couple of years there have been several attempts to fly a 98mm minimum diameter rocket to extreme altitudes and speeds with the Pro98-6GXL C-STAR N5800 reload. However, AFAWK none of these rockets survived the flight.

CTI would like to encourage others to build a stronger/better rocket and demonstrate that such a flight is actually possible. Therefore this contest.

The winner will be the first to:

* Fly a minimum diameter 98mm rocket;
* With Pro98-6GXL C-STAR N5800 reload;
* Make a full and safe recovery;
* Obtain the official TRA record for this flight;
* Flight before the end of 2012.

Prize: Two reloads of your choice for the Pro98-6GXL hardware (or any smaller-sized reloads).

Jeroen

Last edited:
I would LOVE! to do this but the only place I'd be able to fly it is at BALLS, That's just not gonna happen this year.

I just watched the 4 hour DVD Cool and Really Cool Flights 3 and the #1 Motor of choice for destroying rockets was the ever ominous CTI N5800 C-STAR :dark:, For those entering this contest my suggestion is Measure twice and cut once..

I would LOVE! to do this but the only place I'd be able to fly it is at BALLS, That's just not gonna happen this year.

I just watched the 4 hour DVD Cool and Really Cool Flights 3 and the #1 Motor of choice for destroying rockets was the ever ominous CTI N5800 C-STAR :dark:, For those entering this contest my suggestion is Measure twice and cut once..

So that's measure 2 times the length of tube you need, and cut one check to save on shipping for when you shred the heck out of the first rocket?

CTI Green - Bright !@!
A few pics. These are of my Blue Tube rocket launching for my L2 cert this last weekend on a CTI j270 Green. That green is awesome. I have wanted a green since I saw the full page advert announcing Mohave Green. Not tried one of those, but LOVE the CTI version.

Also used a White Thunder H225 - LOUD and have stocked up on some more motors!! Now I am itching for the next launch.

Launch Video and report thread

After some heavy thought I just might be able to take this challenge... There will be allot! of planning to be had to make it out to BALLS but I just might be able to pull it off.

Gary,

AIRFest at Argonia would be much closer...plus I could watch the flight in person :D

Back